Question Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential Renewal snag

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Default Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential Renewal snag

I've had my Maryland Fishing Guide and Coast Guard license since 1990 . I am in the process of renewing it .I've completed the Coast Guard physical , Drug test, Criminal Record and Sea time . I was going to schedule an appointment to renew my Transportation Workers Identification Credential TWIC card . I called the TWIC center on Broening Hwy. No answer, dead number. I think they are closed? Anyway, on the renewal application, it states I can check the exempt box for my credential and bypass this procedure . It also states that by checking the box, could "Significantly' delay the processing of my Merchant Mariner Credential Renewal Application . Have any of you Captains checked this exempt box and if so, what was your time delay for getting your credential? TIA
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Make appointment online.
    go to tsa.gov,
    then go to contact,
    then go to TWIC,
    then go to schedule an appointment.

Blog Entries

Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Tidal Fish SUPER Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish!

i just put my license in continuity ....i always checked the box exempt.......i don't fish in a secure area like Baltimore harbor

also, i suggest calling the uscg mariner center in west virginia. they are very good........but are now staffed with contractors.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default RE: Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential Renewal snag

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    I've had my Maryland Fishing Guide and Coast Guard license since 1990 . I am in the process of renewing it .I've completed the Coast Guard physical , Drug test, Criminal Record and Sea time . I was going to schedule an appointment to renew my Transportation Workers Identification Credential TWIC card . I called the TWIC center on Broening Hwy. No answer, dead number. I think they are closed? Anyway, on the renewal application, it states I can check the exempt box for my credential and bypass this procedure . It also states that by checking the box, could "Significantly' delay the processing of my Merchant Mariner Credential Renewal Application . Have any of you Captains checked this exempt box and if so, what was your time delay for getting your credential? TIA
    When I renewed my CG license online in November, I checked the exempt box because I still have my expired TWIC card. Was told years ago that the TWIC did not need to be renewed if you were not going into balto harbor. I also included a scanned in copy of my TWIC card in the renewal package. Received my new license in the mail about 45 days later. No Issues..

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

^^ Same here ^^

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I was able to schedule an appt at MVA to get TWIC card
    Catch'em Up!!!
    Ralph

Blog Entries

From what I've read , I only need to get it once for my circumstances . I don't plan on getting another one if I don't need to.

Blog Entries

There seems to be lot more Coast Guard licensed fishing guides on here than I was aware of. So for a heads up for all of you that need your Merchant Mariners credential ASAP, the Coast Guard Quarantines their mail 4 days before they are allowed to touch it . E-Mail instead.
    Last edited by Capt.Nick; 01-21-2021 at 09:33 AM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements