Question OT Anyone know of a place locally or online that has ammo IN STOCK at a reasonable price?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65
  1. #1
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,333

    Default OT Anyone know of a place locally or online that has ammo IN STOCK at a reasonable price?

    In case you haven't shopped ammo lately, the price is high and supply is low. I picked the wrong time to get my first pistol. Guns are in short supply also. I'm looking for 9mm luger ammo, either range or defense ammo. Any suggestions?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3,252

    Default

    Whatís the difference between range and defense ammo? Iím not a gun owner Iím just curious.

  4. #3
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bebopper View Post
    Whatís the difference between range and defense ammo? Iím not a gun owner Iím just curious.
    It's all new to me also, and I'm learning, but range ammo is cheaper than defense ammo, but here is the main difference between the 2.
    http://weekendoffroaders.com/range-a...se-ammunition/

  5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    26,068

    Default

    Anglers has been well stocked but puts limits on amount you can buy.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

  7. #5
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by russellraven View Post
    It's all new to me also, and I'm learning, but range ammo is cheaper than defense ammo, but here is the main difference between the 2.
    http://weekendoffroaders.com/range-a...se-ammunition/
    Thanks for the reply. It was an interesting read. However I would think that in a home range ammo would be ok as you would be close to your attacker and the shot would probably hit the person in the chest or head and still immobilize the assailant. At least back him off a bit.

  8. #6
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bebopper View Post
    Thanks for the reply. It was an interesting read. However I would think that in a home range ammo would be ok as you would be close to your attacker and the shot would probably hit the person in the chest or head and still immobilize the assailant. At least back him off a bit.
    Something is better than nothing. The article hits the high points of the importance of energy transfer and overpenetration.

  9. #7
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Oh, I might suggest you join MDShooters.com. Good forum, good people.

  10. #8
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rock 'n load View Post
    Oh, I might suggest you join MDShooters.com. Good forum, good people.
    Thanks for the link.

  11. #9
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    694

    Default

    I can't help but wonder if the unrest in DC last week and the upcoming inauguration has anything to do with it. Two sites I checked both had 98% of the items marked as "Not Available" and the rest as "Out of Stock".

    Chuck

  12. #10
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,846

    Default

    In stock and reasonable price sjould never be used in the same sentence. Nosler factory owes me 3 boxes of 308 and they are out right now. Been waiting 2 months....... Gary

  13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Link to UsSubscription InformationAdvertise Privacy PolicyResourcesContact UsAbout Us

©2012 TidalFish.com. All Rights Reserved.