Question OT Anyone know of a place locally or online that has ammo IN STOCK at a reasonable price? - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I work in a gun shop, we can not find much ammo to buy, some calibers are nearly impossible to find. If found, the seller is seriously price gouging, each time we buy ammo, the price goes up. The 3 main makers are running 24 hours a day, but can not keep all lines running due to staffing issues. Remington went bankrupt, was broken up and sold, so no Remington ammo, until the buyer gets up and running. The ammo makers are over one year behind in their orders, and can not keep up with current demand. Expect shortages to get worse! It will be a year, or possibly two, before ammo is more readily available. Reloading supplies are just as difficult to find, and the weasel price gougers are at work here too. I saw an on line seller asking $300.00 for a box of 1000 primers, which usually cost around $35.00. Do not waste your ammo on paper, save it for crooks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Cabyn Fever View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the unrest in DC last week and the upcoming inauguration has anything to do with it. Two sites I checked both had 98% of the items marked as "Not Available" and the rest as "Out of Stock".

Chuck
    Nope, it's been like this for most of last year. I'm told it happens every election year but this is extreme due to the defunding of police, riots and police standing down. Some people are realizing they are on their own as far as defending their families, thus the many first time gun owners now in the market for ammo. Add this to the rumors that the Biden Administration are talking about making it harder and more expensive to buy ammo. It has become the perfect storm. Supply and demand.

supply has been low since covid started and fear of civil unrest and a threatened 2nd amendment has demand thru the roof.(funny how that works). Many places have limits on purchase amounts. Even some reloading components can be hard to get.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by christmasshad View Post
    supply has been low since covid started and fear of civil unrest and a threatened 2nd amendment has demand thru the roof.(funny how that works). Many places have limits on purchase amounts. Even some reloading components can be hard to get.
    Primers are impossible to find. I have the brass, powder and bullets...... Gary

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    Primers are impossible to find. I have the brass, powder and bullets...... Gary
    Basspro seems to have some stock if site is correct. I cannot figure prices since I shoot at a club where I have to buy their ammo. Lugar 9mm 50 rounds for $15 seemed fair if available.
    t

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
    Basspro seems to have some stock if site is correct. I cannot figure prices since I shoot at a club where I have to buy their ammo. Lugar 9mm 50 rounds for $15 seemed fair if available.
    t
    I'm willing to bet they haven't updated their website recently but I will have to give them a call.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
    t
    9mm is at least double that price. Ammoseek.com is a decent place to gauge what is available and at what price.

Quote Originally Posted by christmasshad View Post
    I don't think it fair to blame Covid1984 for the "civil unrest". Oxymoronic isn't it - lol. IMO, it is due to all the riots and the defund police crap. Discussed ad nauseum over on MDShooters. Tight lines and full magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by capt.frankdanner View Post
    I work in a gun shop, we can not find much ammo to buy, some calibers are nearly impossible to find. If found, the seller is seriously price gouging, each time we buy ammo, the price goes up. The 3 main makers are running 24 hours a day, but can not keep all lines running due to staffing issues. Remington went bankrupt, was broken up and sold, so no Remington ammo, until the buyer gets up and running. The ammo makers are over one year behind in their orders, and can not keep up with current demand. Expect shortages to get worse! It will be a year, or possibly two, before ammo is more readily available. Reloading supplies are just as difficult to find, and the weasel price gougers are at work here too. I saw an on line seller asking $300.00 for a box of 1000 primers, which usually cost around $35.00. Do not waste your ammo on paper, save it for crooks.
    What shop do you work in?

Just called BPS . They are out of everything except a few shotgun shells. They are expecting a delivery of ammo tomorrow morning but she couldn't tell me what kind. She said people line up outside the store waiting to get in and buy it. She said the same people show up every time they get a new shipment. Not sure if they limit purchases but they should. My guess is these people are probably making a killing reselling ammo at a premium price since it's so hard to find, similar to toilet paper this past summer.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast