Question OT Anyone know of a place locally or online that has ammo IN STOCK at a reasonable price? - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

It appears the further from major metro the greater likelihood of stock and no/less price inflation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

You might find ammo at one of the local gun shows.

https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Reports from the MDS community on recent shows is slim pickens and outrageous prices relative to pre summer riots. That said, if you need it is what it is. Like the great spot shortage of 2(?) years ago. Spot was what $2 a pop IIRC. Did not buy spot at that price and am not buying ammo at current pricing.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by flounderin View Post
    No this has been going on for a good year, but getting worse. Biden wants guns. Ammo, with social distancing at Mfg plants they are being forced to cut production because of lack of full staff and tie in with more weapons being purchased created this nightmare. MSP went from processing 300-400 77R applications a week to 3500 a week and are working 7 days a week to get them done.
    That pretty much sums it up IMHO.

Respectfully disagree with production cuts. Are you seeing shortages of milk or meat whose plants are seeing same/similar hurdles? Demand is through the roof and people continue to just scoop up anything and everything they can Kind of like the great toilet paper shortage of '00. Brokenheartedly, I completely agree with the current administration's intent WRT guns.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The problem with ammo production is there is a huge number of new gun purchasers and they all need ammo. This coupled with existing gun owners panicing over the new administration and buying all the ammo they can. Factories just can't keep up. I spoke with the Nosler customer service manager about defective 308 ammo I bought and he told me to keep the good shells out of the 3 boxes and send them back to Nosler and he would replace them with 3 new boxes as soon as they were manufactured. I have been waiting 2 months and nothing yet and this is direct from the factory. This is also where I got all my info on the reason for the shortage. I also believe that the new administration is going to make it hard to buy ammo as a back door to gun control....... Gary

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    The problem with ammo production is there is a huge number of new gun purchasers and they all need ammo. This coupled with existing gun owners panicing over the new administration and buying all the ammo they can. Factories just can't keep up. I spoke with the Nosler customer service manager about defective 308 ammo I bought and he told me to keep the good shells out of the 3 boxes and send them back to Nosler and he would replace them with 3 new boxes as soon as they were manufactured. I have been waiting 2 months and nothing yet and this is direct from the factory. This is also where I got all my info on the reason for the shortage. I also believe that the new administration is going to make it hard to buy ammo as a back door to gun control....... Gary
    Yes, they are running full capacity and cannot keep up for the reasons you cited.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by russellraven View Post
    In case you haven't shopped ammo lately, the price is high and supply is low. I picked the wrong time to get my first pistol. Guns are in short supply also. I'm looking for 9mm luger ammo, either range or defense ammo. Any suggestions?
    every body loaded up for government tyranny

Unity silly

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Ammunition is the same deal as toilet paper. When there is a report of a shortage, people panic and start hording........ Gary

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast