Question OT Anyone know of a place locally or online that has ammo IN STOCK at a reasonable price? - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3456 ... LastLast
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    Ammunition is the same deal as toilet paper. When there is a report of a shortage, people panic and start hording........ Gary
    Very true, but also, people are expecting a rather large increase in the price of ammo and/or limits on how much they can buy and want to load up before it happens, which causes a shorter supply and higher cost. Kind of defeats the purpose. The big winners are the ammo and gun manufacturers. If gas didn't have a shelf life, I'd be stockpiling that but that's harder to store.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hording ammo is as irrational as wearing a pelt and horns on your head and believing in fairy tales, but the more crazy white guys act the quicker we can move on. MAGA indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Market Price View Post
    Hording ammo is as irrational as wearing a pelt and horns on your head and believing in fairy tales, but the more crazy white guys act the quicker we can move on. MAGA indeed.
    Damn crackers, they're all crazy. Thank you Oracle, I will now stop wearing a pelt and horns and believing in fairy tales. Even this one.

Turn In your Guns.jpeg

Please feel free to contribute something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by rock 'n load View Post
    Damn crackers, they're all crazy.
    No, there are some very fine people, on both sides...

Sorry, I misunderstood "crazy white guys". Both sides of what? Ya know never mind, I'm done with this thread.

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Fairy tales

Quote Originally Posted by Market Price View Post
    WTF does that mean?

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Ammo shortage

There is a a video from the CEO of the company that owns Federal, CCI, Nosler, and now Remington. He says that they produced and shipped more ammo in 2020 than any previous year. In 2017 and 2018 and 2019 there was a glut of ammo and there were layoffs. It takes a while to increase production capacity but the producers got caught after increasing production after the last ammo shortage and don't want to get caught again. The producers are also having some difficulty getting raw materials but are running at full capacity.
    As previously mentioned in another post, having Remington go offline for a few months restricted the supply from one of three or four major producers.
    It might be a while before the shortage is over. Unfortunately for me I sold about 50-100 cases of target shotgun ammo at bargain prices when the house was downsized 3 years ago and I can't replace them any time soon even at triple what I sold them for.
    I'll get a link to the video if anyone is interested.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Finprof View Post
    There is a a video from the CEO of the company that owns Federal, CCI, Nosler, and now Remington. He says that they produced and shipped more ammo in 2020 than any previous year. In 2017 and 2018 and 2019 there was a glut of ammo and there were layoffs. It takes a while to increase production capacity but the producers got caught after increasing production after the last ammo shortage and don't want to get caught again. The producers are also having some difficulty getting raw materials but are running at full capacity.
    As previously mentioned in another post, having Remington go offline for a few months restricted the supply from one of three or four major producers.
    It might be a while before the shortage is over. Unfortunately for me I sold about 50-100 cases of target shotgun ammo at bargain prices when the house was downsized 3 years ago and I can't replace them any time soon even at triple what I sold them for.
    I'll get a link to the video if anyone is interested.
    Yes, I would like to see it.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Ammo shortage

Quote Originally Posted by russellraven View Post
    Yes, I would like to see it.
    Here is a link to the video by James Vanderbrink, CEO of Federal, CCI, Speer and Remington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5zNNk130V0

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3456 ... LastLast