Question What fish are still in the Bay eating ducks?? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

My vote is Chessy but I have witnessed Blues eating birds and small ducks in a blitz at Buxton NC. 17lb blues turned the last wave red with carnage. Heck got a limit of trout that day with my foot by kicking them up on the beach.

Lasted for 4 hours...what a scene.

Capt Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

With splashes where there were no ducks, I’m betting on stripers, but not ruling out catfish, but again, I think that’s a small chance.

Frequent splashing, diving birds, sounds like a typical feeding frenzy. I thinks ducks were just in the middle and not the target.

Chris

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The Common Merganser Duck is a fish eating duck. Perhaps that’s what you saw?

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Snakehead.

(I don't actually believe that in this scenario, but had to jokingly threw it out there because there are some on here that don't believe ditch dragons eat baby ducks, when they actually do)

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotgumbo View Post
    Snakehead.

(I don't actually believe that in this scenario, but had to jokingly threw it out there because there are some on here that don't believe ditch dragons eat baby ducks, when they actually do)
    They probably don't eat any more than Bass do . They've been making baby duck lures for bass for at least 60 years. I once saw some crows eat 5 baby geese as soon as they hit the water from the nest.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    They probably don't eat any more than Bass do .
    In an area that doesn't normally hold bass they sure do. Which is a lot.

Blog Entries

In an area that doesn't normally hold bass they sure do. Which is a lot.
    In an area that doesn't normally hold Snakeheads ,Bass would eat more Ducks too.

If there are or were bass in the area, sure. But not in areas that haven't held large numbers of Bass.
    The blackwater refuge for example. Known for ducks. Now dealing with a Snakehead invasion. Never had to deal with a Bass invasion.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Bull sharks.
    Saw one in Eastern Bay back in the fall.

Blog Entries

If there are or were bass in the area, sure. But not in areas that haven't held large numbers of Bass.
    The blackwater refuge for example. Known for ducks. Now dealing with a Snakehead invasion. Never had to deal with a Bass invasion.
    For some reason the rest of the Bay doesn't seem to have that problem and I had a great year catching many Snakeheads from 3-8 # in areas that have plenty of ducks. A lot more ducks are shot by hunters than will ever be eaten by Snakeheads where I catch them. At one time there was a Duck invasion and it wasn't fish that changed that. I've got a book on the Susquehanna Flats . The History of Maryland's Lower Susquehanna River Valley, Where the River Meets the Bay .There's a story wher 'e a hunter brags how he shot 568 ducks in one day. I don't know if any fish in the Bay that could eat 568 ducks in one day. Maybe if they stopped netting in Blackwater there would be more fish.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast