3-27 late start!
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default 3-27 late start!

Got a late start Easter Sunday on the Reel Fancy but returned happy w/ fish in the box!!!

Crew consisted of owner Bill (HIT N RUN), Jimmy Pike (tuna jim), Jason Akers (J-MAN) and me!!!

We originally set out to fish Sat. but the weather didn't cooperate... So now with all suffering from cabin fever we went tackle shopping instead... Jason and Jimmy made us some pretty new rigs to pull... I bought two new killers but in all the panic of leaving on such short notice I left them in my suitacse... Guess I'll have to try those out next trip! So now we hope for a break Sunday, and again no cooperation... At 5a we decided based on weather reports it was a no go...

At about 7:30a my good buddy Jimmy Pike says, lets go fishing, I've got a good feeling about it! It didn't take much convincing so we loaded the rods and decided we would take a joy ride and if all seemed well we would fish...

ALL WAS WELL!!!

We pulled out of the slip about 8 ish headed for the Diamond Shoals Tower... Bill I've gotta tell you the ride was sweet... The boat must of had cabin fever too cause she was purring... We cruised 25 knots out and 26 back in... The new spray rails worked like a charm... I couldn't believe the difference... Cudo's on all the hard work you've put into her!

We make it out to the 270 line about 11 ish with only a few hours to fish... (Really late start)... Game on, let's get the spread out... We set the spread and start looking for fish... We started with some short strikes... A few cut offs and then FISH ON!!! The fish seemed to be just outside of the change in about 80 to 100 fathoms... We saw a free jumping Mako airing out of the water and Hammerheads all over in pairs... We ended the day with 5 tuna's!!!

After getting back and cleaning up the boat and fish, Bill decides to see what they've been eating on and we found most had pretty empty bellies... We found small baits... A few small squids, some kind of small unknown fish and even a sea horse... These fish are hungry and will hit anything right about now!!!

Bill, thanks again for getting the fever out of us... Can't wait for the next trip!!! Hope Mother Nature is nice to us real soon...

Becky- [excited][excited][excited]

edit... Oh yeah, and I got to gaff again... Seems I still need some practice... Another meat shot!!! As Jimmy Pike said, Yeah you gaffed him, right in the middle... LOL [grin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Default 3-27 late start!

Good point Chilli, good point!

Default 3-27 late start!

Don't get me wrong becky.... You still need practice...[grin]

If anybody but me gaff's my tuna in the tail its a keel hauling for sure...

If I do it, I ment to.... (for reasons known only to me...)[grin]

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Default 3-27 late start!

Oh, I'm gonna practice... Every chance I get... I am my own worse critic... Dang it, if I can hit a softball w/ a bat every season and if I can aim my guns at an object and hit them then I should be able to aim a gaff at a fishes head and bring his arse in the boat peirced between the eyes!!! [grin] Practice makes perfect so I'll keep trying till I get it right!

Becky-

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements