Tidal Fish Forum banner

Lake Lanier Tourney series

Fishing Report 
8K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Capt.Nick 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a picture of a fishing friend of my sons. He caught this 8lb.12oz Largemouth last weekend on Lake Lanier in a FLW Bass tourney .My son told him to fish the new flooded brush and by 11 am he was getting nervous without a bite. Then it happened.He won 3k If he would have had 5 more ounces he would have won 9k. The tourney fee was $250. The Bass doesn't look that big in the picture but it is. Sky Cloud Smile Hat Tree
:clapping2: He came in 2nd place.

See less See more
#2 ·
This coming weekend the big boys are coming to town to fish another Lake Lanier FLW. Celebs like Scott Martin etc. My son will be fishing as a co angler ( Back of the boat) Co anglers are picked randomly to fish with a celeb. Co anglers fish 2 of the 3 days. The cost is $800 to fish for 2 days with a celeb.

#3 ·
I just seen this post. Very interesting. Capt. Nick, please let us/me know how your son makes out in the tournament. Long ago I fished with Bill Dance in his boat in a Ray Scott tournament the first day. Lake Keeowee, Pickens S.C. Came in 11th place because of first day with Dance. BUT, back then they only paid up to 10th place. That is why I am interested. Thanks! WOW! 8 lb bass in a tournament is great.

#4 ·
He didn't come in the winnings during the tournament as a co angler with who he drew. As usual when you don't fish in a tournament you usually do better. He has been catching several 2-5 lb. Bass off his dock after work in the evenings on frog baits. He said his creek is loaded with frogs. Water temp low 60s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.