Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left LBP around 8:15 heading towards the green can area. No waves. no birds, no bait. no boats. After about 30 minutes of that i decided to pack up and head south since thats were the bite has been for the past few weeks. Once we hit sandbridge we saw about 15 boats or so working an area with birds everywhere. Ended up getting 7 keepers in the boat biggest being 38" and threw about 5 shorts back. We had muliple bites that never came tight. One thing that we did differently this time was troll super slow like 1.9mph . If we were going faster than we wouldn't get the bite. Umbrellas rigs and Spoons were the bait of choice today.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Purdy work Charlie. Sure beats missing all those deer during deer season!:D :D
Did Sloth Boy make the trip?

Jimmy Kipper
Residential Irrigation And Well Services

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey kipper,sloth didn't make it this time . All in all it was the best day in a while and we didn't have to listen to all the chatter on 68 and swerve in and out of that wekend traffic. I had 1 fish on the penn senator 6/0 that hit a 12inch bunker spoon and i guess and say was over 40lbs with ease because he never shook his head so i know it wasn't shark and after he was on for about a minute i passed the pole to the capt so that he could get his citation but i think he tore the mouth and lost it. The fish our still moving south so i think we'll still have lots of fish coming our way for at least the next few weeks as long as the water temp doesn't give them lockjaw.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Will be down that way tomorrow with a full day charter....hope we find em. Congrats on the fine catches brother!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts