Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Yakima doesn't yet have an 'official' mounting bracket for the 05 yet. But I've seen several running around with a rack on the roof, so they managed to make it work somehow. Hopefully one of you have figured this out.
I've got a set of Q towers, brand new in the box and a set of Q clips for the 97-03 range. When I tryed to mount them, I ran into a problem. The big gold locking bracket that you ratchet down doesn't allow the back door to shut. It doesn't clear by a good 1/4 of an inch. I've had to bend and tweek these brackets in the past, but never that much.
Anyone out there out smarted the Yakima design boys yet?
Please help, I want to be able to take my kayak out soon!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
1136 - Yakima Outdoorsman 300 Compact for Truck Bed Racks ( 201136 )

The Yakima Outdoorsman 300 truck racks are versatile, no-drill, multi-sport base rack systems for your full size or compact truck (see yakima-2001137 for full size truck beds version). It puts the cargo load up top so you can fill your truck bed with all the rest of your stuff. NOTE: The Yakima Outdoorsman 300 is sold in pairs (i.e. 2 upright towers). To make a complete set for the front and rear of your truck bed, you'll need 2 pairs. Also requires 2 Yakima crossbars (not included; sold separately to allow the customer to select the right length bar for their truck rack).

Clamps onto truck bed rails, no drilling required
Fits a wide range of truck beds, from compact to full-size
Sold in 1/2 sets - single set can combine with towers on truck roof
Full multi-sport compatibility - combine with any Yakima accessory
Requires RoundBars - sold separately to match truck width
Heavy duty construction handles up to 300 lbs

MSRP: $170.00 Our Price: $153.00

·
Registered
707 Posts
have you seen this style - http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/carrier_multipurpose2.asp?location=5

goes up high but mounts to the bed. i have gotten rid of my rack system that mounts to the doors. i put a cap on the bed and mounted it to the factory rails. from my experience, i had a rack on my old truck for about 8 years and it rubbed the paint off from behind it. i won't use one again. i like the rack system as shown in the pick above.

i believe fishingrod has one on his truck like that. looks like it works great.

mike

edit: same thing juke was saying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts