Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from the hotels to CH light. Tides were really strong...when we did find bait/fish marks it was hard to stay with them but we pounded out an area near the Ramada about 2 miles off and got 6 fish from 8am to around noon I'd say (a couple of pull off's as well). Trolled north with the following sea and had a nice pick in between the ramada and the light 2.5 to 3 miles off. Ended up getting 7 more and packed it in at 3pm. Kept our 4 fish. Had two 28-30"ers and the rest were 32-37"...all very fat. Tomics on the bottom produced 2 fish. All the rest came on tandems or small umbrellas fished way back. The fish seemded to want White yesterday. 13 fish total for the day...3 or 4 pulls offs. Weatherman had it right...south wind was pretty strong in the afternoon. Bait was spotty...thick in some spots but overall, I'd say not we're accustomed to seeing in Jan. I will say there looks to be A LOT of bait stacked inside the bay right at CH light.

Nice to get out there and have a decent pick. Hope to make it out one more time before vacation (Aruba) the 21st - 28th.

Tight lines

Glenn P

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nice job Glen, we beat ourselves pretty good from the 4A to CH and then we had a 'Low oil pressure problem " so we didnt dare venture any farther south.
Didnt mark any bait till around 2:30,scraped up a few nice fish, but decided to call it around 3:30 with a couple of the crew feeling a little ill, and the oil concern.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear ya Lyle...I am hoping all of my mechanical issues are over for some time (after new engine, pretty major jackshaft work, etc...)

I am glad I did not run north...ride back would have $ucked!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Way to go on the fishing! Have a favor to ask of you, though. We are heading to Aruba first of March. If you don't mind, can you pass along any good places/things to do based on your trip? Also, lemme know how the fishing is, if you get a chance. May even look into that while down there.

Dan

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Will do...this is our first trip there but I've heard nothing but good things. We are staying the Marriott Stellaris (I had enough Marriott points to stay 7 nights for free :) )

If you like, just ping me after the 29th...bmail or [email protected]

I don't think I will be fishing...I fish enough during the year that usually on these trips, it's Momma time (she gets seasick). If I do get out, I'll surely let you know how I do!!

Bill Pino had been reporting about some fishing down there in early Jan...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts