Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up early to decent wx conditions and after hearing of the boats doing well yesterday I couldn't take it. Asked the wife to go - no dice -so I said screw it and went solo. Left Lynnhaven at 0800 and ran 30 kts until just south of Corolla Light. Boats were scatted about and radio chatter was quiet except for the guys that were over the line who were doing well. Question - if you were fishing illegally why would you announce it on the radio - just saying.

Anyway, marked a huge wad of bait and put em out and it was on. All 4 rods go off and trying to drive,fight fish, and net was a challenge being solo. To decent ones go in the box and I catch and release for a while. Headed back early to beat the predicted NE winds. Glad I did, as I rounded Cape Henry I could feel the winds increasing out of the NE - the wx man actually got it right.

Caught 20 or so, no giants, but decent fish. Burned 30 gallons total. Next time I will put out a solicitation for a Ho' could have used the help and company.

Rodzilla

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Rodzilla,

Good report. Those are nice looking fish. I don't know ya, but if you go out again, I'd love to HO. It's been weeks since I was out. I'm thinking of playing hookie this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts