Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not for the fish......

It was windy, raining, and cold. We did the CH 500 twice with nothing to show for our efforts. We marked very little bait/ fish, had one knock down, and a long ride back to the Salt Ponds. I was also reminded of how much I like eeling versus dragging. Hope to go again on Sunday.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Don't know why you weren't marking the bait and fish. We steadily marked bait and fish all day, but couldn't get any hits. The one hit we did have was just a small 26" fish.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know why you weren't marking the bait and fish. We steadily marked bait and fish all day, but couldn't get any hits. The one hit we did have was just a small 26" fish.

-Mike
We started inside the green can made our way south almost to the Ramada, out to the three mile line and then north to the channel and back again. There were four Charters in a similar pattern and didn't se them stop or circle over anything. Where were you guys marking lots of bait?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not many of us fisherman from saltponds...mostly ragtops. Maybe we can run or fish together soon. I'm on the southall side.
Mike,

My dad and I keep a boat behind his house at the end of the Salt Ponds, same side as you. Give me a shout sometime.

Gator's Pursuit - 68

·
Registered
430 Posts
We marked bait way inside, in like 25-30ft. from the lighthouse all the down to the ramada. Marked scattered bait and some good fish marks on the edges of the channel in like 50-60ft, near the red/white CH buoy. But like I said, only the one hit and it was a baby! We were fishing outside of the charter boats on the edges of the fleet. Ran about 3/4 of the way up to 4A but didn't see anything up that way and it was prett snotty.

-Mike

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yes,
There was bait in 26' to 30' of water (and of course shallower) all the down the Beach.

We stopped in 35' of water with our screen lit up from top to bottom with bait and fish.
alot of good it did us.

Les

1 - 7 of 7 Posts