1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber
10,897 Posts
1/22/07 Atlantic Ocean Fishing Report
By Capt. Jim Brincefield d/b/a “Jil Carrie” Charter Fishing
Fishing from the wharf at Long Bay Pointe Bait & Tackle
Lynnhaven, Virginia Beach, Virginia

Well, after 7 days of excruciatingly painful waiting for a favorable sea condition opportunity, we finally got out to the great beyond of The Atlantic Ocean for our 1st extreme long range deep drop wreck fishing trip of the 2007 campaign. We were joined by 9 intrepid anglers, Capt. Steve “The Professor” Wray (a/k/a “The Black Sea Bass Slayer”), and 1st Mate T.J. Reiber.

We fished two wrecks in cold, choppy Atlantic Ocean seas. It was a decent bite as we landed 169 keeper corpulent Black Sea Bass (not counting a multitude of landed half BSB’s which were so rudely bitten off by Dog Sharks and Bluefish), 3 medium Blueline Tilefish, and 19 slim Runner Bluefish. We also released a few Dog Sharks and a few Cunners. The fishing was greatly assisted by a few chummers (much to the delight of The Captain).

We had a final tally of 8 VA Weight Citation BSB’s verified and several others which were likely eligible which weren’t weighed either because the anglers did not want Citations or because they were multiples. The average size of the BSB’s was superior. Our next deep drop trip will be Wednesday, January 24 (weather permitting).

VA Weight Citations:

Capt. Steve “The Professor” Wray of VA Beach, VA - 5 pounds 14 ounces
Mr. Clyde Goins of Hampton, VA - 5 pounds 12 ounces
Mr. Steven L. Czarny of Chesapeake, VA - 5 pounds 8 ounces
Mr. Dennis Walczak of VA Beach, VA – 5 pounds 2 ounces

I will post pictures if I can figure out my new camera and this new TF format.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Let me straighten up my post.Capt. Jim will put you on fish and is the hardest working Capt. on the water.I have plans to be east tomorrow,and was checking if he was running.Pretty work,as always!!Glad to know you may be in range and keep an eye on us.

·
Registered
750 Posts
pretty work! looking forward to going on the 13th- hope the weather cooperates!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
phone number

Click on his webpage shown on the first post.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Capt. Jim, keep the reports coming it's getting me excited. I'm organizing the group you're taking out on March 3rd and I can't wait.

·
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Double Trouble

Mr. Dennis Walczak of Virginia Beach, VA (on left) displays his 5 pound 2 oz. BSB which earned him a VA Weight Citation. Mr. Clyde Goins of Hampton, VA (on right) displays his second slob of the journey. These two hawgs were caught right next to each other simultaneously - it's a veritable cornucopia of P-I-G's

·
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Professor

The Professor displays his 36.5" Release Bluefish VA Citation (this catch was for the extra credit portion of the class)...

·
Registered
116 Posts
capt. Jim,
I am the son of Butch, capt trayt here in maryland. we are intersested in booking a trip with you . how do we proceed??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts