Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1/29/07 Atlantic Ocean Fishing Report
By Capt. Jim Brincefield d/b/a "Jil Carrie" Charter Fishing
Fishing from the wharf at Long Bay Pointe Bait & Tackle
Lynnhaven, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Phone (home) (252) 335-4296 / Boat (443) 336-8756
E-mail: [email protected]
Web Site: www.captjim.com

After waiting 4 days ashore waiting for an opportunity to fish the offshore wrecks, we finally found a small weather window and "made a run for it"…
We had a fair sea condition opportunity for most of the morning but it would not last long. This was our 3rd extreme long range deep drop wreck fishing trip of the 2007 campaign. We were joined by 6 intrepid anglers, along with local all stars Mr. Glen Caldwell and Capt. Darren Foster. Other anglers - "Ralph", "Earl", and "The Car Salesman" were also aboard, much to the delight of Capt. Croakerhead!

We fished only one super secret wreck and whacked our limit of 175 keeper corpulent Black Sea Bass with alacrity. It was an excellent bite with all aboard catching at least one VA Weight Citation per angler (some had multiples) and their limit of 25 BSB's a piece. It was so good we only had ONE Dog Sharks (released) and ZERO Bluefish. MAN, WHAT A bite!!!

We scurried in as quickly as possible with our tails between our legs thankful for our good luck. We almost made it without incident, but as we approached Cape Henry - here came the BIG BLOW! We made it in safely but were happy to be at the mouth of the Bay when that blow came! With all of this wind it's probably going to be a while before we can make it out again…

Everyone aboard had at least one VA Weight Citation BSB:

Mr. Richard Hensley, USMC - Ret., VA Beach, VA - 6 pounds 3 oz's
Mr. Glen Caldwell, VA Beach, VA - 5 pounds 8 oz's
Mr. Gordon Walker, Jr., Richmond, VA - 5 pounds 2 oz's
Capt. Darren Foster, Chief - USN, Newport News, VA - 5 pounds 1 oz
Mr. Donald Johnson, Richmond, VA - 5 pounds even
Mr. Chad Fetter of Pensiltocky did not want a citation

·
Registered
177 Posts
BSB

sounds like a great day - especially w/o the dawgs!
I just sent you an e-mail regarding an upcoming walk-on trip. Has your e-mail changed?
T

·
Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Walk Ons

No, my e-mail has not changed - it's still [email protected]. I just haven't gotten to all of my e-mails yet, but I will.

If you're looking for a walk on - we still have 4 spots open for tomorrow's walk on.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Tomorrow

Tomorrow, I'll be teaching Geometry to high school kids - I was looking at the Wed March 7 date.
I'm in the process of maiking fish cakes with a new recipe. It uses coarsely grated potatoes, onions, and of course, fish. I chose striper.
-will let you know how it turns out. - if they're good, I'll fix some up for some fish cake sammiches aboard the Jil Carrie.
Hope you whack 'em good tomorrow!
T

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Great trip Jim!!! That's about as wide open as the bite can be. I didn't notice what time we started fishing, but I know I had my limit at 9, and the boat had theirs at 10, that's gettin' her done. Good call on coming back in from there. That wind really picked up just like the forecast said.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Weigh 2 go

Gotta love it when a plan comes 2gether ! Congratz on the scratches & fine catch. Gunna walk on one day , maybe I could bring a few friends ! ;)

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Limit By 10:00AM WTG

WTG Jim, good looking BSB and no DAWGS! Been following your reports with interest since a bunch of us UBBB will be invading your ride on 2/16. Everyone is really amped up for the trip. Just hoping the wind gods give us a good window.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brothers,
I will make my return to VB for the 03-03-07 Deep Drop trip with a bunch of other TF'ers. I'm still shocked at having to use 16-24 ounces of lead. The way I lose stuff I better start stocking up now. Oh yea....I better get a new battery for my sea sick watch too

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Oh Greybearded one, would it surprise you even more to know that with the 20 ozs of lead in total free spool it is going to take you well over a minute to touch bottom? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I still remember that WWA striper tourny at the CBBT. Capt. Siegel with the 10 min GB horking updates. Then at the tog tourny a few months later. I believe thats the trip we where heaving bunches of bananas back and forth, and did'nt Capt Jimmy have a little skermish in the street the night before? Good times!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Dam fine fishing fellas!!! Yep, one can tell a good joke during a 20oz 300' drop!:D

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brothers and fellow deep dropers:
That's what I hear....it takes about a minute to hit bottom. So I figure if everyone else is using 20 ounces........I'll just use 32 ounces and get there first. So I picked up a couple 32 ounce Rock Cod sinkers at BPS. With all that lead my tackle box is going to be a little on the heavy side

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Our trup is on 3/3/07. Email or B-mail board member Chris Surowiec for info as he is handling the booking of the trip and deposits and such.

·
Registered
750 Posts
i sure hope everyone is using braid- last year when we did that other boat, it was like half and half- the mono guys could not hold bottom and their lines were floating way across and tangling the braid guys line.- thats alright though, whatever- dealt with it then , will deal with it again if I have to- i am REALLY looking forward to it, thats for sure!!!!

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
i sure hope everyone is using braid- last year when we did that other boat, it was like half and half- the mono guys could not hold bottom and their lines were floating way across and tangling the braid guys line.- thats alright though, whatever- dealt with it then , will deal with it again if I have to- i am REALLY looking forward to it, thats for sure!!!!
If the boat has a really sharp mate he'll offer the mono users one of the boat's rods for free. I cuts down on his work in the end.;) Just make sure the mate gets a little extra in his tip.:D

·
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for your service to our country

Mr. Richard Hensley, USMC - Ret., VA Beach, VA displays a monstrous doubleheader BSB in the early morning...

·
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Atlantic Ocean BSB delight

Mr. Donald Johnson of Richmond, VA displays a doubleheader HAWG BSB mondo el double

1 - 20 of 23 Posts