Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I didn't know that. Do they have a restaurant? I thought it was only a seafood market.
If you are facing the building, it's on the far-right end past the car wash. it's mostly carry out but they do have a couple tables and some outdoor dining in the warmer months.

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
It's going to get thicker by Tuesday. A high of 20s Tuesday and in the teens Monday and Tuesday night. Time for you to start fishing tumble holes.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's going to get thicker by Tuesday. A high of 20s Tuesday and in the teens Monday and Tuesday night. Time for you to start fishing tumble holes.
Yes that is what we all did when we were younger. You did it to I'm sure. There is a lot of them in Delaware, but I don't feel like traveling anymore.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Old timers are a great source of information, of course. And this got me thinking.

For years, one of my best fishing partners was an old timer who grew up in Rock Hall. He is 90 now and can't fish but he knew the Chester River better than anyone else I have ever known. His family were watermen for generations and he told me that they used to label Rockfish as follows: Shinners (basically dinks), Hanks (about 22 inches to 28 inches), Doubles (28 to 32) and Singles (over 32).

Anyone else ever hear of these designations?

Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Old timers are a great source of information, of course. And this got me thinking.

For years, one of my best fishing partners was an old timer who grew up in Rock Hall. He is 90 now and can't fish but he knew the Chester River better than anyone else I have ever known. His family were watermen for generations and he told me that they used to label Rockfish as follows: Shinners (basically dinks), Hanks (about 22 inches to 28 inches), Doubles (28 to 32) and Singles (over 32).

Anyone else ever hear of these designations?

Thanks

Pat
Yes I have. That is what they call them when you sell them. Use to.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I had a feeling you may have heard of this but you are the first other person. My friend's name is Jim Edwards and I really miss fishing with him.

Pat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts