Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Cape Henry friday. Water was brown from thursdays blow. At CH around 1030 Marked tons of fish at mouth of bay to green can. Dropped white mojo w/parachutte trailer, red/white stretch 25 and chartreuse stretch 30. 1200 fish finder thick with marks but no hits, thought to myself"im suprised I dont at least snag one" when pole started dancing. Must be a big one was stripping line. Felt like 50lbs. Finally got it up 35" snagged it in gill area. Caught another 34" about an hour later on r/w stretch in front of Cavalier. Herd on radio bite on south of Rudee so off I went. Caught and released 30" and 27" from what I was hearing most fish caught in front of Dam Neck in that range. Water was clear in the area.
PIZZA.. complained in a post a couple of days ago that the last couple of pizzas I got from Crab Creek(formally Jimmy's) were a disappointment. Racn35 assured me it must have been an off day. So I ordered my old favorite large special. :thumbup:awesome the best pizza in town is back!!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Fishing & Pizza

Tom,

Glad you got on some fish!

Tell me more about this pizza place??? Being a Upstate NY transplant myself, quality pizza in Virginia is real hard to find. Hope it's not a secret spot?? :D:D:D

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
198 Posts
Pizza is still Great!

I get to the beach and want fish and crab cakes, the wifes first thoughts are with Crab Creek Pizza! Just across the lesner bridge, next to crab creek landing, best part for me is I live across the street! They also serve breakfast and you can get your bait upstairs, getting Jamie to share a fishing spot, your on your own! His christmas pics are priceless!:jackthread:
Mel
Catchone

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
THE GRAND OPENING IS A WEEK FROM TOMORRO......JAN 18TH......20% OFF IN THE WHOLE PLACE.......Upstairs & Downstairs.....Bait/Tackle - Fly Supply....all FOOD & DRINK~ Yes thosse too Dennis !......The shop is OPEN already.....no need to wait until next week......

THANX FOR THE FISHING REPORT TOM !

·
Registered
482 Posts
THE GRAND OPENING IS A WEEK FROM TOMORRO......JAN 18TH......20% OFF IN THE WHOLE PLACE.......Upstairs & Downstairs.....Bait/Tackle - Fly Supply....all FOOD & DRINK~ Yes thosse too Dennis !......The shop is OPEN already.....no need to wait until next week......

THANX FOR THE FISHING REPORT TOM !
What kind of fly tying materials?

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Secret Spot!!!

Mel,

I am not crazy enough to ask for someone's secret fishing spot on here. That would be bad form!!! :nono::nono::nono:

Being a NYer, the secret spot I wanted was the information about the pizza and now I have it! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks,
Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
232 Posts
The shop is looking great Jamie. I will be there tying up some flies. If anyone has a specific pattern they want to learn please let me know. I can vouch for the pizza as well, I am from Jersey and Crab Creek has some of the best in the area, especially the sausage pizza.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
You mean it's as good as Ray's Pizza in Manhatten at 2 AM after a couple cold ones at Mcsorleys Ale House???? I have to give it a try. Thanks Martin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts