Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the trip Scott! Last week Scott had posted the need for a mate or two while in town so I hooked up with him yesterday. Getting across the bay from Marina Shores Marina in the morning was a challenge. At least if was for me, while holding on to the back of the seat and the hard top for dear life. The forecast called for 13 mph, but I think it was 20+. It did lay down a bit later in the day so it wasn’t as challenging on the ride back, although my legs are a bit sore this morning.

We drifted eels most of the day around buoys 16, 18 and the CC ships. Didn’t have much success although the chatter on the box suggested others had moderate success with some 40 pounders coming up. Heading back we stopped and tossed storm lures along the pilings of the CBBT and Scott hooked into two nice stripers, one of which made it to the boat (22”).

It was dark when we got back so I cleaned the single fish (Scott doesn’t eat em), but did not filet it. Anyone have a good recipe or favorite method to cook a striper?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Fillet salt and pepper, Olive oil and butter. Pan fry. Add sauteed onions if you like.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts