Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing this morning and did OK. It was fun.

Underway at about 7 am, from the West Basin Marina on the Naval Air Station. Came out to the Bay and set up for trolling for bluefish/spanish mackerel. Went out to the HI bouy, back to Cedar Point, south to the target range (where the solar panels are, not the target ship) and then back north to the mouth of the river.

Trolled clarkspoons and Capt John's Spoonbrellas. Caught about a dozen keeper bluefish (all catch and release), all between Cedar Point and the target range. Roughly equal distribution between the clarkspoons and the spoonbrellas.

Surprisingly windy out there. 7 knots was forecast but it was much windier; maybe 15 - 20?. All out of the south.

Not many other people out there. A jon boat was out there early, but I didn't see him after 8. Didn't see any other fishing boats, but there were a few sailboats. I got off the water about 1:30.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
It got miserable after 0730 this morning with the wind.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
If you're fishing for Spanish mackerel and you're catching Bluefish you're going too slow. Same thing shore fishing, if you're catching Blues your retrieve is too slow.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I almost got divorced by keeping my boat at West Basin. I was out of my uniform and on the water in 20 minutes after work, fished till dark, got home by 9 or 10, go to work in the morning, fish all day Saturday and Sunday, rinse repeat. Folks at work would bring me cases of beer, venison jerky, home made desserts, and all sorts of goodies for fish, That went on for almost 3 years, win, win.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts