Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with my Buddy Butch today. I told him before we even left that there was a good chance we wouldn't do to well because its the weekend. One of my main strategies while fishing is to try to get as far away from other fishermen as possible, and on weekends, a lot of other fishermens strategy is to go where ever they see other fishermen, you just can't do well when theres people trolling tight circles around you. We caught a few perch but no Rock (at first), Butch Suggested that we try a small lump where we Bailed them a couple years ago. I told him that I tried that spot every evening on my last four trips and never found anything, but I figured it was worth a try before heading in since the sun was getting ready to go down, we made a drift without any luck and no marks, I reeled in my stingsilver and told him I was heading in, I got ready to start the outboard, then I noticed some marks and told him to drop the lure back down, he caught a fish right away, slightly under 18", then I dropped my lure down and caught a 22", then we started catching a lot of nice perch, but no more Rock, It was pretty slow but atleast we had a little excitment to end the day
He wouldn't let me take a pick of him with his fish:D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Glad to hear you got a couple rock and some nice perch and persistance does pay off once in while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts