Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids are home from college so two of my sons went with me for a two day fishing trip (Tues-Wed) out of Buzzs's. We got there early afternoon on Tuesday and Mike gave us the intel on where to go and we got three fish (29", 33" and 38") in a few hours. Hit the water Wed morning at about 8:30 and picked up three more (33", 35", 39") and finished at 1PM. All fish were fat, healthy, and no lesions. Some nice sized bait balls were also floating around. Tuesday the fish would only hit white and then today they would only hit green (I almost switched to all white today after yesterday's experience, good thing I was too lazy!). Most fish came on tandems 60-80 feet back on the planer boards, one fish hit an unweighted umbrella that was 70' back. We saw lots of marks and bait balls, not too many other boats in our area (we stay away from the crowds).

Weather yesterday afternoon was fantastic and after the winds laid down today it was also really nice. Two great days with my kids who were really happy to be on the boat and having a good time. Business trips are going to interefere with what may be the reminder of striper season so I am glad that we got out this week.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts