Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father-in-law and I had a great day on the North East River, yesterday. We caught our limit by 9:00 a.m. The water temp. in the river is 68 degree. The river was flat calm...
We fished the usually humps and bumps in the river. On the first three drifts at Red Point I managed 3 legal (18-19 inch) fish. Casting BA's right towards the hump produced fish. The only bad thing about Red Point is once there is any boat traffic the fish run away...

Next we hit the Boy Scout camp and jigged Sting Silvers and had immediate hits....

The strike died as soon as the tide started to slow.

I haven't been fishing much this year, hopefully I can get out again, before it is all over.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good to hear the fish are in the river. I haven't fished the North East in about 6 years in the fall(springtime on the flats I am there). We used to do well up river a little farther around the break wall in front of the North East Yacht Sales. There was a nice little ditch there and the fish would lay up tight to the wall. I am not sure if that wall is still there, but it might be another spot to hit. :thumbup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We use to fish the same wall with eels... The wall is gone now... I think someone is planning on building condo where the Yacht Sale place use to be.

NOTE: Bluefish were breaking at Red Point this morning. I can't believe there still around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts