Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were able to get out before the wind got to bad. There was a flood tide today... which made fishing a little different than usual. We fished in deeper water (8-10 feet)... My father-in-law hooked up on the first cast using a Bass Assassin (white) and I hooked up using a Buck-tail... I haven't used a Buck-tail in years... I just had a feeling it might work today. We caught the first couple of keepers at Red Pt. There was absolutely no one on the water. After the bite died at Red Pt. We jigged at the Boy Scout camp in about 12-14 feet of water. My father-in-law and I both hooked into 25 inch fish at the same time.... I let him use the net and I managed to bring my fish in by picking it up by the lower lip. The water temperature has dropped since last week, it is about 58-59 degrees. The fish are on ice and I am at work now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
Nice job ./ I believe you owned that piece of river last year too. Looks like things are stacking up well for you again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rexking -- I've been lucky this year. The boat traffic is down and the fish seem to be schooling up. We had a good bite until 9:00 a.m. most days... then it dies out. The fish we've been catching do not have anything in their belly's. There hungry... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Wow, what kinda boat do you have, I gotta follow you! LOL! I was out 3 times last week, and then again yesterday. Only Rock we got was last Monday and it was undersize. I had my brother along that day, but usually have the wife. If we aren't catching any Rock, I got to get her on some perch or cats to keep her quiet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
I was out on Monday 10/20 from 5 til dark and we couldn't buy a bite with the tide and wind fighting each other. Thanks for the report, I'll give them another shot today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your going out today? Isn't the wind blowing 10+? Anyway, good luck... I am going to wait til Friday and see what that brings.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top