Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Old No. 7 (Phil) contacted me a couple of weeks ago to let me know that he had off school today and was open for a trip if my schedule and weather permitted. Weather looked a little marginal with forecasted SE winds @ 10 to 15 knots climbing quickly over 15 kts with 20 - 25 kt gusts after 1:00 in the afternoon. Phil sent me a text last night asking what I thought about the wind forecast. I sent him a text back........."Limit or Bust" was my response. I was pleasantly surprised when I checked the CBOFS update when I got up at 5:00 am to see that the wind forecast had been upgraded. ESE winds from 7 to 10 kts until 2:00 in the afternoon. Nasty stuff after 3:00. Stopped by Marty's at 7:00 am to pick up ice and mostly to give Jim some grief about him having to work on such a beautiful fishing day:D Picked up spot from the pen (a major plus this time of year) and headed out of the South River...........

xx

We were greeted by 2 footers with the South East winds rolling directly into the mouth of the South. I was really hoping that this wasn't going to be one of those days that the weatherman was wrong. It was a little chilly as you can see by the amount of clothes Phil had on.....................

xx

Nothing like fishing in an open center console in the fall and winter. Love the feel of that fresh air in my face:rolleyes: Bait was everywhere as we headed northward. I stopped several times to see if we could find any marks, but mostly just bait. The meter went to 5 or 6 feet several times as the bait was really thick. I took this shot as we were just a little south of Tollys Point.........................

xx

Phil must have thought that we were going to fish until after dark by the amount of donuts he brought for the two of us.......................

xx

Arrived at Dollys to find only one other "afflicted" sole in the area.........................

xx

Fellow Tfer Drichitt (Don) was trying to catch spot for live lining. I think Don said he had 8 or 9 for an hour plus effort. We gave Don a net full and said........"Limit or Bust":thumbup:
We tried the rockpiles with no success for the first hour and a half or so. Phil finally hooks up only to be broken off by the rocks:cool: Man, this had all the earmarks of "one of those days". Maybe after another half hour I hook up and land a nice 27 inch fish. Sweet!!! Time to open up the donuts! We fished for another hour without even a nibble. I was really getting concerned as we had already caught the end of ebb tide and the beginning of incoming. This has been our most productive tide all season. I mentioned that to Phil and he reminded me............."Limit or Bust". Around 12:30, we saw Don hookup with his first of the day. Don calls over....27.5 inches:thumbup: Cool...at least Phil and Don have fresh rock for dinner. Around 1:00, Don hooks up again. We see him boat the fish and then release him. He calls over to us....21 incher....so I let him go:eek2: Phil mumbled something under his breath like....."let's go get our spot back":pp I told Phil that we really only had about an hour more to fish as a strong South East wind would be real nasty going back. I know Phil......"Limit or Bust".....but we got to keep a little common sense in the equation. Well the fish gods must have heard me, because next spot in the water and Phil says "Get the net"........sorry bud, but I got one on too....you're on your own. I look over at Don and he's hooked up also. Sweet.....triple hookup! Phil lands a fat 26 inch, I get a 28 inch and Don lands a 28.5 inch to finish off his limit (no, he did not let that one go) Phil rebaits and sends another spot over. Seconds later he's telling me to get the net again. No problem, I'll give you a hand this time. A nice fat 24 inch butterball finishes off our limit at 1:20. Wow...we fished for 4 hours with one fish to show for it and within 20 minutes we finished off our limit. With the skies getting darker and the air feeling cooler, I called to Don to let him know that we were bugging out. He said he was as well so we took a quick photo of Don with his fish.......

xx

Made a quick stop at my lighthouse for a quick photo of Phil with a couple of our fish..........

xx

As we headed for port, Phil exclaimed our new motto......"Limit or Bust Baby"!!!

I don't know why pictures are not showing.....I will try to post pictures later..........Mark

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Nice job. I was in Annapolis yesterday on business so I stopped by Marty's to shoot the $hit with Jim and he said you were out.

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
Sounds like a good story.........but no pictures. There are only two fishermen I trust and it's me and you...........and I'm not real sure about you. I know how you and Phil can fabricate a good story.............I need pictures:D.........Gary

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I took the day off yesterday and spent most of my time at the MVA getting my driver's license renewed and running a few other errands. When I got back home around 4 I checked fishweather and found the wind had laid down. I was then thinking I should have just gotten out there in the afternoon.

I definitely want to head out tomorrow. The forecast looks good for the afternoon.

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Mark -- Sorry about letting that 21" fish go. They were hitting good and I just knew a bigger fish was possible. I figured you guys had your limit and were into C&R mode. I had a super day fishing with you both and really appreciated the spot.:thumbup: Thanks! I would have had to spend another hour spot fishing otherwise. ...Don

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Gotta know the new secret code for Photobucket - - here's your pics :D

Old No. 7 (Phil) contacted me a couple of weeks ago to let me know that he had off school today and was open for a trip if my schedule and weather permitted. Weather looked a little marginal with forecasted SE winds @ 10 to 15 knots climbing quickly over 15 kts with 20 - 25 kt gusts after 1:00 in the afternoon. Phil sent me a text last night asking what I thought about the wind forecast. I sent him a text back........."Limit or Bust" was my response. I was pleasantly surprised when I checked the CBOFS update when I got up at 5:00 am to see that the wind forecast had been upgraded. ESE winds from 7 to 10 kts until 2:00 in the afternoon. Nasty stuff after 3:00. Stopped by Marty's at 7:00 am to pick up ice and mostly to give Jim some grief about him having to work on such a beautiful fishing day:D Picked up spot from the pen (a major plus this time of year) and headed out of the South River...........

We were greeted by 2 footers with the South East winds rolling directly into the mouth of the South. I was really hoping that this wasn't going to be one of those days that the weatherman was wrong. It was a little chilly as you can see by the amount of clothes Phil had on.....................

Nothing like fishing in an open center console in the fall and winter. Love the feel of that fresh air in my face:rolleyes: Bait was everywhere as we headed northward. I stopped several times to see if we could find any marks, but mostly just bait. The meter went to 5 or 6 feet several times as the bait was really thick. I took this shot as we were just a little south of Tollys Point.........................

Phil must have thought that we were going to fish until after dark by the amount of donuts he brought for the two of us.......................

Arrived at Dollys to find only one other "afflicted" sole in the area.........................

Fellow Tfer Drichitt (Don) was trying to catch spot for live lining. I think Don said he had 8 or 9 for an hour plus effort. We gave Don a net full and said........"Limit or Bust":thumbup:
We tried the rockpiles with no success for the first hour and a half or so. Phil finally hooks up only to be broken off by the rocks:cool: Man, this had all the earmarks of "one of those days". Maybe after another half hour I hook up and land a nice 27 inch fish. Sweet!!! Time to open up the donuts! We fished for another hour without even a nibble. I was really getting concerned as we had already caught the end of ebb tide and the beginning of incoming. This has been our most productive tide all season. I mentioned that to Phil and he reminded me............."Limit or Bust". Around 12:30, we saw Don hookup with his first of the day. Don calls over....27.5 inches:thumbup: Cool...at least Phil and Don have fresh rock for dinner. Around 1:00, Don hooks up again. We see him boat the fish and then release him. He calls over to us....21 incher....so I let him go:eek2: Phil mumbled something under his breath like....."let's go get our spot back":pp I told Phil that we really only had about an hour more to fish as a strong South East wind would be real nasty going back. I know Phil......"Limit or Bust".....but we got to keep a little common sense in the equation. Well the fish gods must have heard me, because next spot in the water and Phil says "Get the net"........sorry bud, but I got one on too....you're on your own. I look over at Don and he's hooked up also. Sweet.....triple hookup! Phil lands a fat 26 inch, I get a 28 inch and Don lands a 28.5 inch to finish off his limit (no, he did not let that one go) Phil rebaits and sends another spot over. Seconds later he's telling me to get the net again. No problem, I'll give you a hand this time. A nice fat 24 inch butterball finishes off our limit at 1:20. Wow...we fished for 4 hours with one fish to show for it and within 20 minutes we finished off our limit. With the skies getting darker and the air feeling cooler, I called to Don to let him know that we were bugging out. He said he was as well so we took a quick photo of Don with his fish.......

Made a quick stop at my lighthouse for a quick photo of Phil with a couple of our fish..........

As we headed for port, Phil exclaimed our new motto......"Limit or Bust Baby"!!!

I don't know why pictures are not showing.....I will try to post pictures later..........Mark

·
Registered
366 Posts
Skip, I'd never make the mistake of bringing you anything but Chocoloate doughnuts!:nono:
Mark on the other hand, he likes what ever doughnuts you happen to bring:clap:. And in this case, whatever doughnuts D.D's had left 1 hour before closeing time the night before!
It was a great day, and really mades us appreciate those easy days of tossing a spot in and immediately having it smashed by a rock. Really had to work for em':fishing2:. Great day Mark and can't wait to hit em' again!:thumbup:
-Phil

1 - 16 of 16 Posts