Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Headed out this morning with 2 dozen spot in the live well. Hit the reef at 77 at 6:30 and did numerous drifts. nada anchored up nada. marking fish like mad. Looked south and saw boats stacked up at the rips. Ran down birds working but still no fish . Jigged and livlinned on the mark's. Never saw a fish landed. Talked to kyle and they at the power plant with the same senario. Lot's of charter boats pic up and start running south like they knew something we didn't. Ok so towards the targets we go. eneded up passing the charter boats headed for pt no pt light house. Saw some birds on the western side working hard . As soon as we got to then nada. What the hell:confused:. There has to be fish the way the birds are acting . Pulled out the trolling gear. A spread that would please all. # 3 planner with an evil dick eel. # 2 planner with a 1 clark spoon. Set 4 more rods with tandem 6" shads, ruby lip & bullet heads 0-24 oz. Ok gotta pick up something . Nope trolled from pt no pt back to the rips . Picked up and we decided to try live linning the solomons bridge on the way back in like Martain's post. Nothing no marks . So I still have my spot for next time. Cleaned the boat real good , Organized some tackle trays& getting ready to watch some foot ball. This is my first skunk of the season. I will getum next time.

·
Premium Member
26,108 Posts
You gave up too early :D. IHMO- if they do not hit a live Spot, they just are not feeding.Better luck next trip :thumbup:.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Jason, we hit the bay all over to find little to no fish. did get some blues across on the east side. decided to run to some structure, got a few keepers around that, then ran to one of my favorite "get me out of the whole" spots. took a few times setting up but when we got on the fish it was game on!!!!! ended the day with a limit of rock and about 50 nice perch.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I left from Sandy Pont this morning. Went to dollys and picked up a whole 4 spot in a hr. I was at Dollys this past Monday ,and caught 50 within 1.5 hrs. The water temp, is now in the low 60’s. Went to the sewer pipe for the tide change. Had no luck with the spot, cut bait, and BKD’s. I did jig up 1 short rock, a bunch of perch, and 2 small blues with a hopkins. Their were marks all over the place. Out of the 6 other boats I saw at the pipe no rock or other blues were caught.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Took my kid out today for a few hours. Pathetic. Roundtrip from Deale to Poplar to Bloody to Thomas back to Deale. No birds working (on Oct 26th?). Very few marks other than bait in the spots I looked.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I caught 1 17 incher by the gas docks friday trolling and got skunked the 2 hours I spent out front of Breezy. Marks but no bites

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Don't feel too bad,

Fishing on the In-Vince-Able, put out the trolling spread around 10AM. Spread consisted of pretty much the kitchen sink... 2 umbrellas deep, 1 chartruse with storm the other white w/storm which we changed to a white Tony 17. Longline tandem white bucktail topped with a Tony. One red hose and another Tony. Started running to 83 picked up one blue in 65' on a Tony. Ran down the ES all the way to Sharps Island Light and then across to the WS near the Radar Tower. Only 2 blues caught the second on the WS on a hose. Others were having problems also. Probably should have put out a Drone but I don't think that really would've helped...seemed like the fish just had lock-jaw.

The water and weather were beautiful today and I thought we'd have a bang up day. We were marking fish pretty much the whole time but no birds on feeding fish, which was strange.

Maybe the water needs to cool down some :confused:

Oh well at least the Terps and Redskins won so it wasn't a total washout :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Jason,
The rock fish were at the rips this morning.They were on the 20/30ft ledge about 150 yrds away from the rocks.Tight school,but a good grade of fish.When that bite was scattered,we move down[south] to were the creek from PAX enters the bay.About 1/4 mile out in front of that there was another bite. Bucktails with 4" shads behind umbrella with black/white shads on the bottom.Dead slow troll.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sorry to hear that jason, dont feel to bad. I got skunked today also, I hate it I work so hard to avoid it but I guess it happens. This is the 3rd time this year its happend and I figure I have fished over 50 days since april.
Nice work on keeping pepi out of your boat this long!
Get em next time!

Taylor

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Well, I got skunked today and that hasn't happened in quite awhile. My wife and I got out for 2.5 hours of trolling from 72 headed south towards the Target ship. Lots of birds, marks and bait but not a single hit, and I had a variety of baits out that two weeks ago were really hot. Back at the dock I talked to another fisherman who had two very nice rock that he got casting/jigging in about 3' of water. I am guessing that we need a good cold snap to get the some rock to start schooling in deeper water.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts