Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to work this am....but got out around 2pm...Man was I itchi' to go fishin'..went back to the same exact place I fished last year on 10/31 and there they were....and they were there in force.........Acres and acres of breakers......lots and lots of keepers up to 25"...Big Ol fatties too.....majority of fish 22-24" with very broad shouldersd and fat stomachs..tons of bait pods today...only a handful of throwbacks...
I would say we caught 75 fish........:clapping2:
saw some trollers riding around eating donuts and pointing to the LTJers bent rods......:D
just kiddin' guys.........
I was on Larry Nimmo's boat....
We caught them mostly jigging....a few topwater fish.....
water temp was 54 in some places and 55 in others.........strong incoming tide...5-10 winds.........best tactic today was to stop 40 yards upwind of the bird action....and let the fish come to you....most fish suspended....so when I am fishing 20ft I do a 5 count....and let the lure sink....keeping tension on the line so I can feel any "tap" on the way down......
Very subtle "twitches " today did the trick.....
I was using a 3/4oz BKD jighead paired with an "Alewive" color 6"BKD...above (18 inches)it I had a dropper loop with a black/silver fly....had alot of doubles.....One fish would be hooked up and during the fight another fish would bite the other lure.......pretty cool stuff......:D ....
Line was #10 power pro...which sinks very fast......using #30 Ande Mono leader.......
Here's some bird pics and a few fish..this was a double....Nice one too........:D
Was at work at 5am.......Man I'm beat.......Till next time...........

Attachments

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Great report, Jamie. I'll be out this wkend. Hope'n it'll be rough so I can find em:D..........................

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Sweet action there Jamie. Let me know when those fish start reaching the 30" mark. Ain't got time for them pestky little things.:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Way to get em Jamie.:thumbup: Nice report and those fat fish ain't bad either:rockon:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I knew if you were out when I called that you would be into them its Halloween isn't it. "Trick Or Treat" looks like you got the TREAT!!!!!! :thumbup: Jack you better get some practice in on the small fat ones to make sure your ready for a 30"+.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Jamie gets on 'em again, nice job

Send them north!!

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Jamie ,your not makeing the skunk I had today any better.I was even using the same lure and jig head :rolleyes:

Just kidding of course...not ! Thanks for the report and nice fish Pictures:censored:

:D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Nice report Jamie. But it's not Wednesday :D

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hank...I haven't seen any pics of any fish Jack has caught lately....? C'mon jack show me son.......:D
Dirty...they are headed the other way.......:cool:
Roger....We need to hookup somtime....
Aik...John..thanks
Tomytek...if the wind won't act right on Wed i'll go another day..........:D
Shawn........I always say "If you wanna catch fish you gotta think and smell like a fish?..."Actually I have a few of them Not one!.........:thumbup:
gitzit...Close enough.........I wish every day was wed.!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts