Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left FT. Monroe just after the rain stopped to look for a few bigger fish then we had been catching. Lowered some Bunker in a 50 ft hole on the NN side of the M&M. Caught BSB to 11 7/8, a huge eel, toadfish. Moved over to the pilings, tide went slack so when the sun set we road to the HRBT for the tide change. As we suspected nothing happened until around 2000 when the tide started to rip. Fish wanted nothing to do with the bunker but my hopkins was still the ticket. Much slower than last Saturday, managed around 8 fish all right at 18-19. I remember why I don't like fishing over there right after dark on the weekend. I almost got side swiped several times. Some people blow my mind. I only saw one other fish caught where we were, I am sure there were more.

Did anyone else have any luck?

Walter

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was at the HRBT from around 2000-2130 and didn't see a single fish caught. Worked the pilings on the south side new shore and close to the tube, birds were hit or miss (a lot just sitting around). We didn't get a hit all night. Once the wind picked up and still no fish we ran inshore to fish the West Norfolk. Had a couple of hits but nothing in the boat. What were you using at the bridge? We were throwing every gulp we had and nothing... :(

-Svence

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I saw, folks are fishing too fast. They are taking it really slow off of the bottom. Hardly any action on the bait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts