Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
11/17- We departed from Solomons at 6 AM and before we had all of our lines in the water we had 8 bites with 4 overs and 2 very nice unders in the box. The next hour was very good with us having 4 Trophies hooked up at once for the second time that day. And one double hook up. Then the bite slowed for about 45 minutes, then picked up to a pick with one here and one there. Around 11:30 the fish started snapping again and we once again have a quad hook up. We cranked or lines up around noon, what a day!!! 11/18 was my best bite yet this fall we had 31 bites and landed 26 of them with 7 being nice unders (25 inch to 27.99 inch) and 19 of them being very nice trophies. Planar Board lines caught best in the AM and the "boat rods" caught best later in the day.

11/18-We departed Solomons at 6am and headed out in some fairly heavy winds. After making our first pass across the Bay we had 4 Trophies all over 38 inches in the box. Two more turns and we had 4 more nice Trophies in the box and had two come unbuttoned. By 7:45 AM we had 10 bites and had landed 8 Trophies. Considering the rough seas, I let the crew decide between trying for BUBBA or heading into the PAX river to try and find our unders. With the box already loaded with nice fish they decided to try fishing in the calmer water. The river was not that good for me today, but we did catch 6 rockfish 4 of whcih were over 18inches. The Planar board lines did almost all of the catching this morning.

With the excellent fishing we had last year in the Fall my schedule looks pretty full, but I do have the following dates available for Trophy fishing in the Chesapeake Bay........

December 9, 10, 16, 22, 23

My Package Deal Trips in VA Beach are also getting almost fully booked. Here are the combo dates I still have available......

February 16/17 18/19 24/25 26/27 28/march1

If you would like to be added to my "Walk On" list just contact me and I will let you know if a spot or two open up on a charter or if there is enough interest we may do a full "walk on charter" on one of the above December dates.

Also my other boat FIN FINDER is still available next week Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for charter. I have a few already interested in one of those dates, if I get a few more Capt. Andrew Turner will run the trip next week and put the FIN FINDER on the "meat".

Enjoy the pics and sorry for no action shots today, I kept my hands on the wheel.

Attachments

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
11/19 Fishing Report

Left Solomons today (11/19) at 6am and once again had an excellent bite with 14 hook ups and 10 fish landed. 1 under fish and 9 over 35 inches, with 4 of the 9 being over 40 inches.
All of this by 9:15 AM. With the rough water my party decided to just do a half day instead of staying out looking for BUBBA. I forgot my camera on the boat, sorry no pics for today.

The planar boards accounted for 12 of our 14 bites. 2 other bites were on short heavy lines.
Color did not matter as long as the baits were attached to the planar board lines.

A trip for next week aboard my other boat the FIN FINDER with Capt. Andrew Turner is shaping up. We just need a few more people and Monday or Tuesday will be a go.

Happy Thanksgiving to All..........

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
WOW - nice catching :clapping2:. Just imagine how many you could get if you used chipped up heads :D:D:D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts