Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called my friend Lonnie this morning to see if he wanted to try for some stripers. Took us a while to decide to go. The wind was NW and it was snowing.
We put in at CC 830 and headed to the third. On the way we saw a few birds working half way between the 2nd and 3rd. We started at once to catch fish. They wern't huge but they were fat and fun. We followed the birds north and continued to catch .
Then I made the decision to leave fish to find fish. We went to the third and didn't get a hit. We moved to the 4th and anchored. There were fish there but again not huge and not real fast action. After a while the wind started to howl. We had to pick up the anchor and get out of there. We went back along the bridge and fished under some birds.
The wind continued to increase so we decided to pack it in. On the way back as we aproached the 2nd we looked to the right and saw a HUGE cloud of birds. By now waves were about 3-4ft. We moved over to the birds and imediately caught fish. We stayed there about 30 minutes and finally left. We kept 4 fish about 24-27". The whole time we were out we only saw 3 other boats and they were party boats and charters. :fishing2::rockon:

Art

G

·
Killed me not to go out BUT the winds at Cape Henry are now gusting at 39!!!!! Glad I had common sense for once....

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
no its NOT big.....whatever boat they took aint big at all......Arts & Lonnies boats are in the 20ish range, C/C, 125 maybe.....NO CURTAINS......at least Art has a T-top.....Lonnies is a bare C/C .......

Good job Art ! Your boy called me with numb hands around Noon tryimg to get lunch from me after you wore him out buddy !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We took my boat, 20ft Sea Hunt w/top and small curtain enclosure around center console. I kept dry but the nw wind did get Lonnie a little wet and he did get bounced around a little bit. A little scary at the time but not out of control.:eek2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts