Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark (merogers) hadn't been out since the fall run started (he's been busy killin' deer), so we felt a little pressure to get some fish in the boat. Left Buzz's around 7:45 in the 20 something chill, but the seas were pretty nice today and it got better as the day went on. Got the planers set out in about 50' of water south of 72 and deployed the rigs on one side when we noticed a cluster%#$^ close to the starboard planer board. Lost fish number one due to that. Shortly after we got both sides deployed, we boated a 36". By 11AM we had lost 2 more fish due to terminal tackle failures and decided to make an early day of it and troll back towards St. Jeromes. (Clearly we need to retie leaders and check our rigs over before next weekend.) Boated a fat 27" as we started pulling gear. Back at the ramp by noon and on the road to Arlington at 12:30. Lots of boats out in the channel today and gannets all over.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
There was a lot of boats out today Wayne, you are right about that! Crazy stuff. It looked like a holiday weekend here. I am glad you guys got dinner. I wish you could have gotten your 50 incher today but there is always next week:). Christy

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
50 incher

That will be the post-Thanksgiving Feast! You guys have a great one with your family. It was nice to see so many boats down there today! Good for the economy...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Thanx for not naming names

At least one of the losses was due to my crappy knot, the tell-tale pigtail at the end of the line told the story. The other one I attribute to leader breakage, the piece of mono from the umbrella to the 'chute broke cleanly, I need to retie all my rigs. Re-spooled all the reels and forgot the rigs. AAAARRRGGGHHH! BTW Wayne, called and bragged to Dave, he's in for next Sunday depending on wx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts