Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long day yesterday. It started off Byron called Tuesday wanting to go to the ditch for some speckin I said hell yeah I'm in. So left the house at 0420 and headed to the ramp at Jordon Bridge. Launch to a cold, cold morning ice on the deck and all. So we head and after an 8 minute ride we had lines in in short order. Bobbers and bull gudgeons was on the menu today. Man a side note Byron had a propane heater on board I hate my center console now!:D Well to make a long story short we caught 19" to 21" and headed in back at the ramp @ 1100. On the way back Byron gets a call he has to tow a blow boater so I rode along with him We we broke Lynnhaven Inlet it was about 1 foot and my wheels started turning. Get a crew so made some phone calls and it was on for tonight. Want to thank Byron's boss Allen for the awesome Marlin Dip, Goose Gumbo, Fish and Crab Chowder, and Byron's awesome crab dip!:clap::clap:

Now Back to the fishing. Rounded up a crew of 7 at CC @ 2000 and headed for the High Rise (HR). Had a beam sea all the way which sucks but made 26kts. all the way out with out getting wet and beat up. Got to the spot and anchored up. The west wind and no current made things tuff but it all worked out once the the river let loose.

Spread was:

3 Eels no weight no bobbers.

2 down 10oz on a 3 way 2 to 10 cranks off the botton

2 mid 4oz on a 3 way fished 10 to 20'

2 1oz eggs fished behind the mids.

All fish caught on circle hooks.

Water muddy and 47.3 degrees.

Final tally

2 deep bites

9 mid bites 3 caught 6 missed

2 top water bites

for a grand total of 7 fish over 40#'s.

One word of advice to beginners work your spread through the water column and watch your bottom machine for clues.

Great night great crew thanks to all. Finally to bed at 0600 11/27. Man what a long day!

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
billy i knew i shoulda gone out last nite but i blew it off. that's what my a$$ gets. fine job.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Awesome work fellas!!:thumbup: We all know that night time is the right time eeling for HAWGS!!:yes:

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
good job brotha - nice talking to ya .....boxed 2 yesterday on Doug's boat and 2 more today on Tony's boat........

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
A Big Thank You

Hey I'm still gimped up but what the hey. I take a licking and keep on ticking. Just want to say I think if more people share techniques this site would be a lot better.. Some times I am the bug and some times I am the windshield.:wacko:

Thanks for the kind words fellow fisherman and fisherwomen.

Looking forward to killing more fish tomorrow. :D

IT WILL BE AN ALL PIRATE CREW FOR SURE! I SMELL BLOOD!:D:clap::clap:

LUCIAN I AM READY!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts