Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Headed out late (10:30) out of Norview - had hoped to head further north, but the weather looked bad for a small CC.

Headed straight out past Windmill Point, and set the lines in 40 feet of water. Fifteen minutes later we were landing a nice fat 27" fish. Caught on a Chartreuse 16 oz MoJo - evidently the smaller parachute trailing was not of interest. Headed out towards 59 (not 59A), and about an hour later had a 25" fish caught on a chartreuse Stretch 25 - fished 200+ feet back.

Headed towards 59A, and caught another on the Chartreuse MoJo, and another hit on the Stretch - but lost that one. Last fish was caught on a Chartreuse umbrella - 8 ounces of weight, fished 150 feet back. The last two were only 22", but were still fat, one loaded with sea lice - so apparently fresh from the ocean.

MUst have seen 50 other boats out there - apparently none of them post on tidal fish???? either that, or there is already too much competition, and they don't want more.

All in all, a beautiful day on the water, and our first ever limit on stripers!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Great report. Been fishing a lot of white this week ... but most hits have been off of the few Chartreuse rigs as a well. Walked into Queen's Creek tackle on Tuesday. Sales lady said folks normally transition from White to Chartreuse come December. Hadn't heard this before. Mentioned it might have to do with increasing water clarity.

I hear so much info on the Radio, hard to determine what is really working consistently. I made up a new umbrella the other day with chartreuse storms. Pulled back into the dock Wed. My brother picked it up and said it would never work. Turns out, it was the only rig I pulled (out of 7) that hooked a fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts