Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I had Tommy Cox and friends for a 3/4 day striper fishing. My usual mate had some serious issues, so Kapoc Mike mated for me. Thanks again, Mike. You did great and way to be there on the spot. We started off at the tube between the third and the fourth which was productive but crowded. We caught a couple there, with a slot fish or two mixed in, but it was just a nightmare. The fish were right on the spine and were liking chartruese. The second plan was to go eeling. We tried up by 18 and there was a big crowd there too and not much going on. I did two quick drifts before deciding this was not exactly what we were looking for, so I slid off to somewhere a little more private. Within 5 minutes at the new spot, we hooked up and caught a nice 49'' skinny 41# fish that earned a citation for the little girl we had aboard, Kimberly. Next drift, another 48''er that was just shy of citation. Every subsequent drift for the next hour we had at least one or two bites. We had a couple mishaps where the line was slacked and we lost nice fish at the back of the boat and a couple short strikes, but for the most part we found steady action until we came home. We ended out catching 3 of the big girls (all were over 48'' and skinny- eels in their bellies).
Pix to come.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
WTG put them on them Jake!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Today, I had Tommy Cox and friends for a 3/4 day striper fishing. My usual mate had some serious issues, so Kapoc Mike mated for me. Thanks again, Mike. You did great and way to be there on the spot. We started off at the tube between the third and the fourth which was productive but crowded. We caught a couple there, with a slot fish or two mixed in, but it was just a nightmare. The fish were right on the spine and were liking chartruese. The second plan was to go eeling. We tried up by 18 and there was a big crowd there too and not much going on. I did two quick drifts before deciding this was not exactly what we were looking for, so I slid off to somewhere a little more private. Within 5 minutes at the new spot, we hooked up and caught a nice 49'' skinny 41# fish that earned a citation for the little girl we had aboard, Kimberly. Next drift, another 48''er that was just shy of citation. Every subsequent drift for the next hour we had at least one or two bites. We had a couple mishaps where the line was slacked and we lost nice fish at the back of the boat and a couple short strikes, but for the most part we found steady action until we came home. We ended out catching 3 of the big girls (all were over 48'' and skinny- eels in their bellies).
Pix to come.
Way to go Capt..........and where was this spot;-);-)

·
Registered
92 Posts
We saw you in the "secret spot" but you did better. :) We picked up a 38" there and then slid over to the bridge and got a 41". Slow day but glad to have the 2 we got. Nice work capt!

Blake

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Congrats on a good day Jake and Mike!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Great work Capt., way to scrap em out...and nice to read a post without someone posting you in a prom dress or calling you queer...

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Good work capt J....no secret where we were with 88 boats setting on 88 pilons ! We stayed just long enough to get 3 fish last night. 42,44 and 45 1/2 .........

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
good job capt j. wonder where their picking up all these eels. can't be just stealing em from fisherman.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts