Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out at 10:30, checked out Ebay on my way to the Hill. Caught a couple in the working birds 16-18 inchers. Got out to the Hill and marked a bunch around some trollers. 17-18 inchers again.

Worked back into ebay about 1:30 and the birds were working hard, nicer fish in the 35ft depth 26-29. Ended up working these fish for a couple of hours. My hands are tore up! Ended up catching 15-20 of these fish. I wanted to go in because I was wet and chivering, but everytime I got close to birds the finder would lite up and it was catching again.

One thing that worked good for me today, I would mark the bird activity and catching on my charts. After 1/2 or so when I could find no birds I would slip back to my previous catching place and just drift. Most of the time the screen would come alive and I would start catching again. I also drifted up on the birds just hanging around and there was action under them.

Opening night and chartruse were the lure colors and I was using 1-2 oz jig heads. Water temp 55.6. Sorry for the long post but I had one of the best days ltj this year as far as quanity and quality fish! All in all Id say about 35 or so fish.

Didnt break the 30 mark but some of those were peeling some drag.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Thanks for the rpt Chris,
WTG

I chose to be a dumb arse, fat, lazy bum and not go because of the forecast wind/rain.

now, i sit and see it rough for the next 2 days. dumb arse.
and am tied up for fri/sat.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Chris,
Man you got to love it when your hands get tore up for catching so many fish. Thanks for the report and I sure hope you don’t catch a cold from the weather yesterday and it’s so hard to leave fish when your on them is't it...

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Chris- most times when theres blood on the boat that ain't fishes blood, Its been a good day..............:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Way to go, Chris! Thanks for the call last night. We decided to stay put which worked out okay. Nice to hear about those fish though. I might change strategies a little and try even closer to home. Thanks again for a great report and congratulations on a some fantastic rainy-day jigging.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Very cool! Thanks once again for the good info.

Hope it holds up for Friday! :clapping2:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Trophypro - I appreciate the details and thanks for taking the time. Being new to LTJ, need all the advice I can get. ....Don

·
Premium Member
26,103 Posts
Your report is not too long -IMHO. The more details-the better :thumbup:.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Thanks

Chris,
We were trolling yesterday in the area and saw you hooked up:thumbup:. We were in a 23CC with outriggers. Wanted to say thanks for yelling over to us and inviting us to run through the spot where you had fish stacked up. We didn't want to break up the fish you had found, but thanks again for the invite. We did swing through that area (near the white marker) later and saw they were still there.
Nothing on the troll yesterday but we were committed after getting set up. Marked fish on top, suspended and on bottom but no takers. Thought we'd smoke them yesterday with perfect conditions. Glad you got into them.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Nice going, Chris - funny how fish action makes you tolerate the cold and wet :D

Good tip on heading back to where the fish were - sometimes they stay put even after the birds move on. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Went out for a couple hours this morning boy was it windy. Managed a dozen up to 29 again. Go get em!!!!

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
WTG!! This has been a great fall for Rockfish. I just wish the wind would calm down so I can get out there

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Really nice report Chris...gonna be out Fri with Hank and Shawn...that oughtta be a blast!
Ebay is one of my favorite places to fish...I grew up on Prsons Island so it''s like my "backyard"........

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there a chart out there that has all of the LOCAL names of places that you guys talk about. Ebay and The Hill for instance. I am from the eastern shore and I ger really confused and frustrated becasue I don't knew the places that you guys are catching fish. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A local tackle store should have the chart you are looking for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts