Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the itch but with the wind a howling I thought dock fishing was better than no fishing at all. So with my trusty, worm wrangling, question asking, fish catching buddy (my 2 1/2 yr old son Aiden) we hit the pier on the Sassafras. We wormed up and sat and waited. 1st hit was on the Sponge Bob Squarepants pole. Aiden reeled in his first White Perch of the morning. 2nd fish on, you guessed it, sponge bob. The 3rd-6th sponge bob ruled the dock! So my 2 1/2yr old son is schooling me 6 fish to none! When my pole gets hit. With virtually no drag I play the fish in, it's a Yellow Perch. My first one ever measuring in at 11". Aiden decided to give up catching and played with the worms. I had just as much fun sitting on the dock as I did reeling in my last rock. It's not how you fish it's who you're fishing with!;-)
Mike

·
Registered
610 Posts
I had my grandaughter out fish me with a barbie fishing pole. And she reminds me about it all the time and I love it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My son, 5yrs old, caught his first fish, a large croaker on a spiderman rod last May, almost broke the rod in half. Said it was the best day of his life, I'll never forget it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Had my first child earlier this year and the best gift so far is her very own Barbe fishing pole. Can't wait for her to grow up a little so we can go in the backyard pond and find a brim or two. Hopefully she'll like to go fishing with her ol' man.

Jim

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Dont get any better than that. I had a snoopy and a ducky rod with my girls early on. Those things were fish magnets on the bomber bluegills. Theyd go and play in the woods and Id fish those just catch a few. Great stuff.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Great report, Mike. My fondest memories are of fishing with my kids when they were youngsters. You can't beat those sponge bob outfits!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts