Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been talking with Mark (Baldzilla) for a couple weeks to get him out on my boat (more than anything, to convince him that I really had one, since I've been HOing so much on his:D)... anyway- I convinced Mark to get out of bed this morning earlier than he wanted, and I even provided door-to-door shuttle service for him. Brought him down to the house, and grabbed the boat, and headed for the ramp. To say the least, the ramp in my neighborhood is difficult... and thats putting it nicely- but after some nifty maneuvering, we got the boat to the water, where we found out that the battery that I use for my winch was dead :censored:- so, we snatched one out of the boat, and lowered the boat into the drink. Boat fired on the first crank, and we were on our way. I've never put in at my neighborhood ramp before, so, I didnt know how much of a pain it was, nor did I know the rules of the water this far up the magothy, so, we put-putted out to the mouth to be on the safe side of the law, but as I went to bring the boat up on plane, she bogged down, and the limp home function on my Yammie kicked in :censored:- I checked the oil, and water temp, all normal, so, after the problem seemingly ceased (I think I have a bad sensor somewhere thats telling my control panel that theres something wrong when there isnt) we set out the spread but decided to stick close to home in case we had any more problems. As the spread was going out, I noticed that one of my reels had a birds nest :censored:, so I set it aside, and worked that out later, and then my favorite Penn 210 was siezed up:censored:- so we used a heavy spinning rod with a spoon in its place.

We got out to the channel, dragged baits down the west side, under the bridge, the dumping grounds, Love Pt, crossed to Belvedere Shoals (which is LITTERED with crab pots by the way, so be careful), but we were barely seeing any fish on the meter, and those we saw, were not taking what we were offering. We did find what we think was a ghost pot off of the sewer pipe that was so interested in my homemade daisy chain that it kept it for itself :pinch:. So, in short, we spent the day adjusting depths, speeds, baits, and clearing lines of grass. The only action of the day came as we were just about to pack it in, and we had a hit on a white daisy chain set in about 25' of water... Mark grabbed it, and was insisting that I reeled it in, since we had such a difficult day, but by the time I got to it, it had thrown the hook... shortly thereafter, we decided to call it a day- so we headed back in the Magothy (at full cruising speed, with no issues to speak of:D), and fought to get the boat onto the trailer, and then out of this nightmare of a ramp.

Long story short, we had some fun, enjoyed BEAUTIFUL weather, and got to run some fuel through my boat (which it sorely needed). Talked to a few TFers out there (Sorry to everyone but Don (Dritchett), but I've forgotten your names :D), and from what I heard from them, and basic com chatter, it seemed like it was a hard day for lots of folks. Hope you all did better than we did!!!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Shawn! How ya been buddy? Seems that I havent talked with you in quite a while... we need to hook up again... I could use a strong fish, and a cold 'Boh after the day I had! Hope things are going well for you now that youre an islander! Funny thing... I was actually pointing out your old place to Baldie this morning:D

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Tough day, Tim - but like you said the weather was nice. If I were you, I'd blame all the bad luck on Mark - you never have that much go wrong when he's not there, right?? :devil2::D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Good talking with you Tim. Sent you a PM before I saw your post. We had a tough day as well, until the very end when things around Rock Hall got crazy. Didn't need a skunk 2 times in a row:eek:. Since those little spot left, it has been slim. ...Don

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Good talking with you Tim. Sent you a PM before I saw your post. We had a tough day as well, until the very end when things around Rock Hall got crazy. Didn't need a skunk 2 times in a row:eek:. Since those little spot left, it has been slim. ...Don
Don,I'm sure I saw you there!I was in a 20 Hydra-Sports with an Optimax.It was some nice Fatties under those Birds! [Mike]

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Ralph,
Everyone blames everything on me, why would Tim be any different...but we wouldnt know what would go wrong on his boat since I still think he just borrowed a buddy's boat today....

Tim sounds like we just missed it, but it would have been a helluva run at 3 mph today. Thanks for taking me out, had a blast. Even with no fish and that missed 45 incher (I still insist it was that big since we never saw it)...

Both Mike and Mark rubbed it in tonight that we missed the bite by about 30 minutes...oh well, good fun and good company as usual!
Mark

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Tim and Mark; glad you got out today. Consider it a scouting mission. We did pretty much the same thing out of Chesapeake Beach. A friend wanted to take his boat down and troll all his big spring equipment. We trolled from 12 noon to about 3 pm without any action (looks like they were all down Buzz's). We finally put the big stuff away and chased birds until 5. Nothing but small stuff under the birds we encountered, but at least we got some pullage. I may try the upper bay tomorrow with some spot I have in my pen. Glad you worked all the "kinks" out of your spread today. As Skip once told me, "Go south grasshopper." Looks like this will be my last trip above the bridge. 5th (Marty)

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
sounds like a tough day guys but spent a nice day on the Bay and you got home save.....

I worked!:D

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live in Magothy Beach. Thats the ramp that I used Bill.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Don,I'm sure I saw you there!I was in a 20 Hydra-Sports with an Optimax.It was some nice Fatties under those Birds! [Mike]
Mike - We saw your boat and heard you on the radio. I was with mark1234 on his Scarab 30' CC. We were heading up the Bay from Ebay when we heard all the excitement about Rock Hall. Nice finish to an otherwise UNeventful day. ...Don

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Tim,

Do the same thing next time and you'll probably slay them. Thanks for the report.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts