Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up at 3am, as I was going back to sleep I started thinking about Lonerangers post, then I thought about how my truck was still hooked to my trailer and loaded with my fishing stuff.........Soooooooooo, I was going through the cut at 430am and heading to the other side of the bay, when I got there it was still dark so I searched for a good spot, I started catching mostly small Stripers and I was thinking about looking for another spot, then I had a bigger one on (about 25") but it got off before I could put my thumb in its mouth, Its a shame because I think it could had been a good pic with the sunrise in the background, I fished for a while and didn't catch nothing, then I realized the hook on my Hopkins was missing, no wonder I was getting so many bites and couldn't catch nothing!!, must of lost it when I caught that fish and didn't know it. I stayed there and continued to catch small Rock, some were really small, it almost made me feel bad torturing those little things. I must had picked the right spot because I was the only boat there at first, but a hour after sunrise there were probally 15 boats there. It started to rain and I was tired of all the little fish so I decided to head back towards home and fish the more familair waters. It was pouring at the first spot I tried and the fish were stacked up, I caught about 10 fish in the lower to mid 20s in a short amount of time, then they were gone and it stopped raining and the sun even came out. The next spot I tried was really close to home, and I was surprised to find a school of rock and perch this late in the year so close, (one of the Rock may have been a keeper), but soon that school was gone also. It seems like the fish would just pop up for a short time, then leave

The pic whited out again, it wasn't even sunny this time, it was cloudy/rainy
I talked to a guy at the ramp yesterday that lurks on this board (probally reading this right now:D) He told me that him and his friends laugh at the way I white out my pics so nobody can see the background, I tried to tell him that I don't white it out, that my camera is just a piece of ****, I don't know if he beleived me or not:D

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
wow ZAM, 3AM is early, I'd be nervous crossing the bay in the dark and the crab pots around.

I think I saw you south of me today later in the morning, you and another boat stopped to talk for a few minutes?

I couldn't get a bite together, just some schools of perch and small rock here and there. Sucks because I had high hopes.

Maybe all the TFr's will get you a new camera for x-mass so we can see where you're fishing!!!

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Yeah I stopped to talk to him for a sec. We ended up heading towards the Patap and got into some fish for a moment. We really had to look for them but once we found them we caught about 20 fish quick. Our biggest was 25. It only lasted an hour and seemed to peak around 1.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Zam Nice CAMO shot...:clap:
But seriously folks I turned off the alarm at 4 and went back to sleep seeing the radar did not look great BIG MISTAKE as these reports from here suggest a nice bunch of fish were caught up and down the whole Chessie.Keyrap.:rolleyes:Thanks Buddy.

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!!!
Mike, the bite has been tough lately for me. the fish seem really skittish of any sounds, especially engine noise. I've been setting up my drift so far in advance that it takes me about 5 minutes before I drift over the spot I want to fish.

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
30 miles ?:D more like driving to Carolina and back :D

Nice job Zam I think I saw you out there yesterday we couldn't buy a decent fish Sat :yes:
I guess you can't find them all the time :rolleyes:
Do we NOT have our glasses on?I said 30 gallons,NOT miles.:D That was a medium length trip for me Mike!:D:D If we would have went a lil north or south in the afternoon.....We would have had 'em.:yes:But somebody on the Boat[other than the Captaian] Had to get there Nails done or something like that.:D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts