Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will fish all day sat and sun.

Not sure where i will drop on Saturday tho. I come out of Bodkin but dont want to fight 300 googans between the triples and LP. I will run to at least the ships where hopefully can head south looking for some open space.

I don't mind running below Chesapeake Beach to get open water - which makes for a more enjoyable troll for me (no boats). The last 2 years when calm i ran below Parkers Creek. However, the little bite seemed to be better north the last 2 years - so i am struggling with myself...

I run a 24 grady so 90 minutes and 14 gallons i am at Parker's Creek. The last hour of that ride is tough while i pass people fishing but i gotta do what i gotta do...

I know there have been some catches south of the bridge, but not sure if they were pre-spawn or post. Any intel from Cove Point, Power Plant, Ches Beach, Poplar etc?

What are other folks deciding to do? Obviously weather/wind will factor in - but right now I am planning on dropping lines at Parkers and trolling to outside the power plant area and the boats.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I will work my normal run between 85 and 82. Plan is to launch out of my creek if the tide agrees with me. If not I will need to get to Tristate early as parking is a premium.

Mike
Carmita's Dream
2200 WA Hydra-Sports

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I'm planning on a Monday opening. Far to many boats from the bay bridge to Chesapeake Beach for me on the first day. And the second day for that matter. I'm more interested in my first flounder of the year anyway. I do wish everyone a safe and successful day out there this week end.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I will fish all day sat and sun.

Not sure where i will drop on Saturday tho. I come out of Bodkin but dont want to fight 300 googans between the triples and LP. I will run to at least the ships where hopefully can head south looking for some open space.

I don't mind running below Chesapeake Beach to get open water - which makes for a more enjoyable troll for me (no boats). The last 2 years when calm i ran below Parkers Creek. However, the little bite seemed to be better north the last 2 years - so i am struggling with myself...

I run a 24 grady so 90 minutes and 14 gallons i am at Parker's Creek. The last hour of that ride is tough while i pass people fishing but i gotta do what i gotta do...

I know there have been some catches south of the bridge, but not sure if they were pre-spawn or post. Any intel from Cove Point, Power Plant, Ches Beach, Poplar etc?

What are other folks deciding to do? Obviously weather/wind will factor in - but right now I am planning on dropping lines at Parkers and trolling to outside the power plant area and the boats.
Opening day you just have to accept its crowded out there..... I come out of the patapsco and head to the triples. On the water 5AM and last couple opening days off by 9-10AM.Skipping this years opening fishing on Sunday.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I will be up at the crack of dawn like every year. Get the wife in the car and to the Bay Bridge to go to the DD on the shore. It amazes both of us how many boats are in the water and not a better place to view it from but on top of the Bridge. Then off for some yard work and things that need tending to. Come on Monday!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just find open water, where ever that may be, deep, shallow, north or south, the key to this opening weekend is open water where 38 million tandems rigs haven't been pulled through in the last 10 mins, not mention its a lot easier on the nerves not having to dodge 300 ft planer boards our each side of every boat...enjoy be safe.

·
Premium Member
26,187 Posts
I'm working Saturday and Sunday - but will fish on Monday.

Just too many boats out there opening weekend to enjoy myself.

Done it a few times - too crazy for me.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Good luck. i never fish open wkend. because wind has been so crappy , if the wkend wind
nd looks gêood i wwwill fish around pp

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Taking my son for a school visit to Salisbury on Saturday, and hoping to be home in time to catch the rampant racism, homophobia, misogyny, and general drunken, threatening banter on the VHF that is always a big part of Opening Day hi-jinks.

Sunday, it's bottom painting time, and I'm hoping to launch in time to fish for an hour or two on Sunday afternoon after the brouhaha has died down to a roar.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Sleeping in. I went before daylight last year and still ran into a line of boats and trailers waiting in line outside the Sandy Point gate. I will wait for a weekday.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I will be putting in o'dark thirty in sillery bay and have lines in when the whole thing kicks off coming out the magothy. I will work somewhere over on the east side side with my brothers like I do every year fishing the Coconut Charlies with the radio on 68 getting a good laugh all day

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm going Monday. Usually too frustrating for me opening weekend. Usually head south of bridge this time of year. Games were cancelled this past saturday so I had all day to get my rigs ready. Stay safe out there and try to avoid "bay" rage...

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I will be fishing for crappie or bass on some peaceful Eastern Shore lake or pond. That day is one day I don't miss having my boats. Good luck guys.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts