Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Yamaha 115 4 stroke which only has about 50 hrs on it will not fire, Things I have checked, plenty of fuel, no water in seperator, checked all fuses, kill switch in,plenty of juice to crank just will not fire!! I noticed the last few times i started the motor it would hesitate before firing, and sometimes while running at low rpm's I could hear what sounded like a belt squeaking off and on. any suggestions would be appreciated, my guess is fuel pump? Motor is still under warranty but I may have overlooked somthing simple?

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tri-State found nothing mechanicaly wrong with the motor, they said it was vapor lock. Well that crossed my mind at the time of the problem and I let the motor set for a while and when that didnt work primed the bulb a few times and repeated the waiting game /priming process, no luck.It was not a hot evening when the problem occured either so the heat wasent a contributing factor.Any suggestions on what to do under same circumstances if it occures again? Tri-State said keep pumping the primer bulb, which didnt work the first time!

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mercurytech: I dont really go for the vaporlock theory myself because as I stated to service rep at Tri-state I noticed the motor was taking longer to fire the prior two or three trips out before it just quit on me. They say nothing mechanicaly wrong and I mentioned clogged injector and they said that was not the problem?What could they have done to get rid of this so called vaporlock that I didnt do? By the way its a 2005.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.