Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John called up last night and said that it was Jim's birthday and he wanted to do some fishing this afternoon, so off we went. Armed with a bucket of eels, we high tailed it to the spot and had lines in around 1. The fishing was slow for the first while on the tail end of the incoming, but we still caught two and missed another one. Then the tide switched to outgoing and it was on! We were limited out pretty quickly, we all released one for a citation, and we played with a couple and did some light tackle catching for fun. Final tally when the smoke cleared was 9 fish, all were over 44'' with the largest going 49.5''. We also missed two pulls and had one break off during Johns fight with it on a light tackle spinning rod. We pulled lines before sunset and registered Jim's paper at LBP, cleaned the boat, and were all back home before dinner. Pics soon. Still got plenty of charter dates available and the fishing is pretty darn good. Jake

·
Registered
37 Posts
"Final tally when the smoke cleared was 9 fish, all were over 44'' with the largest going 49.5''.

I hope you don't complain when they want to shut the fishery down....

Your obviously a good fisherman but I would recommend keeping reports like this to yourself and not the World Wide Web! Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
"Final tally when the smoke cleared was 9 fish, all were over 44'' with the largest going 49.5''.

Your obviously a good fisherman but I would recommend keeping reports like this to yourself and not the World Wide Web! Just my 2 cents.
:popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

Great idea Finn Tann….. Discourage people from posting successful reports on a fishing report message board. Welcome to Tidal Fish - you are gonna fit right in.

Nice work on the fish Jake.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts

I know it's only 8:50 but this is the stupidest thing I have heard all day. You did nothing outside the law, you should be congratulated.

Great job. I will see you down there next weekend? You fishing the ASA?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finn we released all but three, but thanks for your concern. Normally, I never keep a fish for myself, but the church asked me for a couple for a function it was doing for the holidays.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it's only 8:50 but this is the stupidest thing I have heard all day. You did nothing outside the law, you should be congratulated.

Great job. I will see you down there next weekend? You fishing the ASA?
Nope I dont have a charter on the books for next weekend and looks like I will be down in morehead commercial fishing for giant bluefins with a buddy.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Nope I dont have a charter on the books for next weekend and looks like I will be down in morehead commercial fishing for giant bluefins with a buddy.
Oh great - once your done raping all the rockfish out of va your gonna go wipe out some threatened bluefins in NC. What's next Capt Exterminator, a little seal hunting:rockingreport::D:eek::pp

BTW - What time are we leaving tomorrow. I guess I shouldn't bring my camera huh?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ah, yes...another pointless busting of a guy's [email protected] for posting a good report on TF. There's always a FINN TANN out there, isn't there? You know, the guy who shoots his mouth off (via his keyboard, of course), with "holier than thou" judgment--even if he has no idea what he's talking about.

There's nothing wrong with two guys CATCHING 9 fish over the slot. They could have caught 50 if they wanted to, as long as they only KEPT one over and one under.

Good report, Jake!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bill a seal would be just what I need to finish off my protected species super slam.... It has been an absolute freak year for me with the protected species and mammal fishing. I hooked a bottlenose in may while drum fishing, after a 2 hour battle on an 80 on an overnighter (we didnt know what it was until it got close) we successfully leadered a pilot whale in june, a fin snagged loggerhead in august made the slam, and a seal would be the stuff dreams are made of, short of snagging a humpback or right whale on the mojo when they get here during striper season.
Call me up. We are fishing a tourney tonight and into tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Wow is there a special rate for the Rockfish raping thing and do you have to bring your own equipment. You shouldn't just be on the web if you have that you needa 1/2 prime time spot right after tred barta If you add some hunting in I have a great recipie for California Condor BBQ and glaze I don't think you have to rape it first but I will check.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Oh great - once your done raping all the rockfish out of va your gonna go wipe out some threatened bluefins in NC. What's next Capt Exterminator, a little seal hunting:rockingreport::D:eek::pp

BTW - What time are we leaving tomorrow. I guess I shouldn't bring my camera huh?
Wow, and you wonder why so many of us have stopped posting our fishing reports?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

Welcome to the board Finn, but I gotta ask you; Why are you here?? This board is about talking about fishing, sharing reports, exchanging information just to name a few things. Why would you want to bust on a guy who had a good day fishing and be willing to share that with others on the board?? If you want to bust on somebody why don't you concentrate your efforts on a cause that would really be beneficial, like Omega for instance. If your presence here is to bust on everybody who has a good day fishing and posts info about it, you're going to have a problem. There's alot of great guys who post here who are truly concerned about our fishery and are very active in trying to improve the things that are really needed to help the Bay. But these same people also fish and some may even keep a few.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John called up last night and said that it was Jim's birthday and he wanted to do some fishing this afternoon, so off we went. Armed with a bucket of eels, we high tailed it to the spot and had lines in around 1. The fishing was slow for the first while on the tail end of the incoming, but we still caught two and missed another one. Then the tide switched to outgoing and it was on! We were limited out pretty quickly, we all released one for a citation, and we played with a couple and did some light tackle catching for fun. Final tally when the smoke cleared was 9 fish, all were over 44'' with the largest going 49.5''. We also missed two pulls and had one break off during Johns fight with it on a light tackle spinning rod. We pulled lines before sunset and registered Jim's paper at LBP, cleaned the boat, and were all back home before dinner. Pics soon. Still got plenty of charter dates available and the fishing is pretty darn good. Jake
After rereading the Finn post I must sincerely apologize for my outburst. He wasn't upset about your catch. He was more upset that you divulged the super secret info that apparently only you and the Finn Meister are privy too. How dare let the world know about "THE SPOT" This place has been kept secret since the english first settled in Jamestown. Eels for bait! Never again will I doubt you reports dude. The fact that you would be so giving as to tell us of your secret bait of eels. Please let me know if they were the slimey eels-- no.no.....nevermind.......that would be asking too much. Outgoing tide huh? I hope the rest of the cyberworld didn't catch on to that tidbit.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Baldzilla - I hope you caught the sarcastic tone. Jake and I fish together at least a dozen times a year. We have shared some truly incredible moments from Double header blue marlins in Venezuela to midnight swordfish being hooked 10 feet under the boat at the 650 hole. Just don't ask him about the baby loggerhead turtles:eek2:

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
for those who dont know where the spot is, its just next to the place. When you get out just look for a white boat. It will lead you there. The spot was actually a secret well before the english arrived. They just gave it the english name "the spot". The old indian name translates "chief slapaho and running biscuit's spot".
As for the eels, they were the slimy kind, bout yeh big and brown. The secret about the eels is that I have spent all summer training them how to swim like menhaden.
Don't tell the feds.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Bill is just having a little fun there Mark . He is the biggest fish killer I know .:yes::D I seem to remember getting tarred and feathered , crucified and keel hauled a while back when I posted these :
Even after I gave a detailed report stating that the fish were caught in Delaware , in season and were completely legal , some folks raped me over the coals for keeping ring perch . :rolleyes: I say eff all of you PITA types .:yes:

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Baldzilla - I hope you caught the sarcastic tone. Jake and I fish together at least a dozen times a year. We have shared some truly incredible moments from Double header blue marlins in Venezuela to midnight swordfish being hooked 10 feet under the boat at the 650 hole. Just don't ask him about the baby loggerhead turtles:eek2:
Bill , how do you rig those baby turtles ? Can you run them deep with a planer ?:D

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Bill a seal would be just what I need to finish off my protected species super slam.... It has been an absolute freak year for me with the protected species and mammal fishing. I hooked a bottlenose in may while drum fishing, after a 2 hour battle on an 80 on an overnighter (we didnt know what it was until it got close) we successfully leadered a pilot whale in june, a fin snagged loggerhead in august made the slam, and a seal would be the stuff dreams are made of, short of snagging a humpback or right whale on the mojo when they get here during striper season.
Call me up. We are fishing a tourney tonight and into tomorrow morning.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts