Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all thanks to brad(shipman) for taking out a man with a broke boat. caught fish on bobbers and free line. lost quality fish but also landed some 34" 42" 43". I was gald to hear that guy in the little bayliner made it back. for as ****ty as the weather was brads sailfish smashed the solid 4 to maybe 6 seas coming in and is making me seriously rethink getting a grady.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics it was good fishing with you and Brad that Sailfish is a hell of a boat. Fun times last night glad we got a trip together lets put brad on some spades when he returns..Good to hear that bayliner made it back safely i was getting worried...Brandon

·
Registered
438 Posts
Good times McCrae, did you get a chance to wiegh that fish? What did he have in the belly? My buddy that stayed late Friday night/Sat morning said all his had HUGE menhaden in thier stomachs?

(funny looking at those pics, you can see everything "shiny" on the boat......its cuase its all soaking wet.....not new!!)

See yall when I get back.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Good times McCrae, did you get a chance to wiegh that fish? What did he have in the belly? My buddy that stayed late Friday night/Sat morning said all his had HUGE menhaden in thier stomachs?

(funny looking at those pics, you can see everything "shiny" on the boat......its cuase its all soaking wet.....not new!!)

See yall when I get back.
Brad McCrae said it went 39Lb 2oz.. at OE and mine went 26Lb 9oz... and had a big eel in the belly..

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Last week, fish had some small pencil eels in bellies... This week, out of over thirty kept, NOT A SINGLE EEL. Every fish had a menhaden or two and maybe a hogchoker in em. But the thing is I kept over thirty this week and released just as many, all on eels.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Always nice to know what they are chowing on...........

·
Registered
113 Posts
We pulled in 4 on saturday. We opened them up last night to clean and nothing but eels. All were taken from right around the highrise. Where were the ones caught with all the menhadden?
We had to run back to Chris' Bait to get more eels around 3pm and they had a 52.2 hanging on the scales caught on eel.

Thanks for the info :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
39lbs2oz @ bayside and it was stuffed with 3-4 inch menhaden no eels. I have never seen an eel in a belly but they sure do love to bite them. Im thinkin they are more appealing to the fish than a good soure of food. Kinda like some lamb chops sound good tonight but I think Ill settle for subway.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Great job Brad glad to see you ended with a "bang"! Let me know if you end up with some downtime before you sail, you always have a seat on my boat available. I will be on leave from 26 Dec- 11 Jan so I plan to wrangle Carlos to head out for some daytime trolling and maybe a a little eelin befor the season closes in the bay. Its sometimes hard to scrape up a crew at the last minute during the weekdays......

Keep in touch, hopefully you'll be back for the drum run...

Capt Wayne:clapping2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts