Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, Saturday December 20th is now filled up. I appreciate the TFers who will be making it out on Saturday. Now for the fishing action today......

Today we had a crew of 7 and all but 1 were ready to go shortly after 6am. The other was going thru Prince Fredrick just after 6AM. We were able to leave the dock around 10 till 7am. Our late start proved to be no big deal today. We slowed down around the same area we caught the fish yesterday and saw good amounts of bait on the depth finder. Everything appeared to be deeper, so we left the planar lines in the boat. After about 45 minutes of trolling with only one fish, my lack of planar board lines in the water had me worried as I began to see more and more "stuff" up high in the water column. So we deployed the planar boards and planar rods. When we had all but the last two planar lines in the water, I trolled across a huge school of bait and the action kicked off. For the next two and a half hours the fishing was excellent. No big grand slam today, as we never had more than three fish on at a time. But we did have pleanty of two at a times and twice we had triple hitters. Our final tally was 31 bites and 27 Stripers landed (25 overs and 2 unders). Shortly after 11 AM, the South winds began to build and my crew was totally satisified as we filled our last slot with our BUBBA of the Day a 44.5" Trophy.

December 22 is my final available date for the 2008 fishing season. Because I have not booked it yet, I am now opening December 22 as a walk on trip. We will be departing Solomons at 6am. If you are interested please let me know ASAP, so I can reserve your spot. The MISS SUSIE is a 44ft Baybuilt with a large, enclosed and heated cabin. So don't let the cool temps scare you away from the best fishing the Bay has to offer.

Enjoy the pics.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
12/22/08 Now Fully Booked & Great Fishing Again Today!!!!!

12/22/08 is now booked. Thanks for the support.

Fishing was once again awesome today. At one time this morning we had ten rods loaded up with big fish. Since we only had a party of 5 passengers, Andrew and myself both found ourselves cranking in fish. What a sight!!!! As soon as one of our customers landed a fish we sent them to the next bent rod to get cranking . The bait was schooled as thick as I have seen it all fall. It looks like the extension of the MD season is going to let us get to great fishing action close to Solomons for the rest of 2008.

I will be out of town from 12/24 thru 12/31 and we are to start fishing from VA Beach on January 2, 2009. If any board members are interested in a charter between Christmas and New Years, Capt. Andrew Turner on my other boat FIN FINDER is still available for charter for Dec 26, 27, 28. The FIN FINDER will be fishing from Solomons for the remainder of 2008.

The FIN FINDER is a beautiful 46ft Markley. She is very comfortable to fish from and has a large heated cabin. Capt. Andrew Turner has been on the Bay more hours over the last few years than just about anybody out there. He knows how and where to catch the fish and does an excellent job of providing a fun and relaxed environment. Whenever he is not on the FIN FINDER, he is working as a mate aboard the MISS SUSIE with me. He is top notch and will put you on the fish this late December.

If any single TFers are interested in making one of the above dates a walk on date, please contact me ASAP and I will reserve you a spot. Or if you want to entertain friends or family who may be in town for the Holidays also just let me know ASAP so I can book you and your crew for a full/private charter.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts