Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I am not too happy when my wife returns with a full shopping basket. But in this case I don't mind.

Another picture of her holding her take.

We landed two citations near Fisherman's Island while eeling this morning. Carol's fish was 49 inched, 43.5 lbs and Mitch landed the other, a 45 in, 35 lb. that is swimming again.

Weather got a little nasty after a couple of drifts, so we moved over to the Concrete Ship without another bite. Headed back in after a couple of hours but had a good day.

Joe (Miller Time)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Congrats Joe:thumbup:

If you were still in CVSFA and your wife was in the rolling rockfish tourney she would have 1st spot right now!

That shopping basket put it in perspective!

Keith

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow what a beast!!!:bigfish: Congrats to both of you. Ive seen and spoke to you a time or two at the boatel. If im not mistaken your boat was in the water Sunday across fromt rhe fuel dock when I pulled out. Man thats a nice fish:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
very nice fish. nows the time the cape.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
No Checks or Credit-Shopping Trip!!!

Joe,

I think we would all approve our wives taking shopping trip like that. Congrat to your bride on her citation.

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Wow! Way to go guys. Carol, first you join the 40" club and now the 40 lb club.....what's next?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Wow! Way to go guys. Carol, first you join the 40" club and now the 40 lb club.....what's next?
I think that's what I said on the previous thread.. first 40", then 40#....

So, what's next?

Are you ready to go deep-dropping?

And major congratulations on the two citation catches!

Brian

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MikeC - that was our boat at the dock.

Deep drop is probably the next on the list of things for her to do. Right now, she has been my lucky charm as she has placed in two tournaments and has a citation so far this year. If she is on the boat, we have a great day. When she isn't, it is good but just not as productive.

On Sunday, we flat wore her out reeling in fish on an umbrella. She got smart though and started asking what rig was on the line before she took the rod. I am fortunate she has really gotten into it, and doesn't mind my "orders" on the boat. That fish took a lot of line, ran under then forward of our boat, and she kept the rod in perfect position during the entire fight keeping it clear of the hull. Evens backs out of the way to land the fish, which is usually hard to get an angler to do as they want to see the fish get netted.

Soon, I will be taking orders from her (oh yeah, I already do!)

Joe (Miller Time)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
NICE VERY NICE!!!! What store is that again?????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts