Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We left Westminster a 12am figuring it would be a quiet drive to Solomons, got there around 3am & parked in front of JJ Tackle set the alarm & we crawled into the cuddy, woke up 6:30 am the heater ran out of propane brrrr. waited for JJ's to open but they didn't so we launched around 7:15 headed straight out of the river mouth for the eastern channel edge, after dodging a gill net we marked fish, put a stretch out wwb & then put the right planer out 2nd line out was a white daisy chain with a parachute before the release reached the board it was 1st fish on after a lt tussle I boated fat 33" put it in the box & the wwb rod started singing so I drove while the other half struggled with the fish 225' back she had to take a break from reeling but managed to boat a big shouldered 36" put one line in with a daisy chain & boated another 36" & released it. Heard Skip on the radio in the thick of them. We headed in for the long drive home with a tired crew.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
You got a very special lady there :clapping2: - willing to get up way early and then crash out in the cabin of your boat :thumbup:. Congrats on catching some nice fish :clap: - makes the long drive well worth it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She would have killed me if we over slept after staying up late looking for a tackle shop on the way so decided to leave while we we're awake, she can't fish enough...think shes addicted.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Good job on the quick limit:thumbup: I guess you didn't anymore tackle after all.

I was the guy launching right after you.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I told the other half look at the depth finder it tells you how big the fish are, she believed me until I started cracking up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts