Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Left Kipto 9:45am. 4 lite tackle Lines ( 3 bobbers and a free swimer) in @ 10:15 off Fishermans Island. Wind 15-20 N.E. Water temp 50, Tail of out going tide and fishing water 20'-40' deep. Bumpy but fishable. First time eeling by myself. Couple of drifts later a 44" fish comes tight. What a blast fighting the fish while clearing lines. Then landing the fish."No Net" Fish revived & released. Can someone say EXCITING!!!" More drifts no pulls. 3pm decide to call it a day. Head up the bay toward Kipto. The bay was in much better shape then the water off Fishermans. So I set up a drift at #18. 20 mintutes the wwbl goes off. I have 5 lines in at this point. Again the challenge starts. 15 mintutes later I get my hands on the 50lb leader and guide the fish to me while slipping my left hand in her mounth and my right in the gill and heave this beautiful 49" 43.1 lber over the gunnel. What a rush! I was totaly jacked up. Lines in and to the dock I head. I told my wife I would release all fish caught except if it was a wieght citation. So in the box goes my first citation fish.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Forgot the camera for the release citation. Must have picture of fish on tape measure. Got all the fish I want for the freezer. Only fish kept from hear on out would be for guest fisherman. I am blessed to have had the opportunity to move within 40 miles of the Kipto launch ramp this year. Onancock VA. Merry Christmas.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've lifted 50+ fish over 36" and up to 50" in the last 2 years. I kinda like it. Gives the fish a little edge and makes the catch "For Me" a little sweeter. As I said above I live hear now and get to do this often.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I've lifted 50+ fish over 36" and up to 50" in the last 2 years. I kinda like it. Gives the fish a little edge and makes the catch "For Me" a little sweeter. As I said above I live hear now and get to do this often.
You know I think it might be better on the fish to lip'em over..... with a hint of danger (hooks) for the angler. Congrats. :thumbup:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nice fish my man! :bigfish:
Solo fishing can be tough (and dangerous) in the winter but the chill leaves the body quickly when the adrenaline from a 40 pound hookup hits you!

signed,
Jealous as sh*t:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts