Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left at 1500 to catch last of out going tide. Got to Honey Hole just before dark to get set up for casting. Low tide around 1700 according to GPS and charts. Little to no current, little to no marks. Looks like its going to be one of those nights!! Fished about a half mile of bridge, managed one 24" fish.

1800, where did all those birds come from!! Where did this current come from?? Lets go!!
First cast both of us hooked up!! Nice fat 27" hard fighting quality fish in the box!! Anchored up and proceeded to catch one after another. If we missed one on a cast it was our own error. Caught and released about 20 fish after putting 4 in box. Finally had to leave them biting because I didn't have the strength to pull any more up!!! My hands are torn up from pulling hooks out of fishes mouths!! You gotta love it!

Almost all were just under slot, fat ,sore free and hungry. Bait was thick. Think they might finally be coming down from upper bay. It was apparently limited to a fairly small area because we didn't see much activity on way in.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Nice Going

Tom,

Nice going! Always a blast on light tackle and getting a bleeding striper thumb!

Where in NY are you from?

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia
Stripers Forever

·
Registered
181 Posts
Tom,
I was amzaed at the birds last night too. They seemed to hang along the bay side span directly under the bridge from second to third island and just hover over the water. I was marking few fish, but the birds were there for a reason. Hopefully we will be seeing some daylight tornados with fat striper rolling on the surface soon :)

Charlie
On the "Ms Cait"

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Ya know, a few years ago I posted a report stating that I found stripers galore. I did not post where I was exactly but that I was eight or so miles north of the highrise on the ocean side and in legal waters. From the comments that that post received, you would have thought that I had committed a mortal sin in that I had not posted exactly where it was that I had caught my fish. Today, no one seems to post locations when they catch fish. Sad isn't it! Today, I caught 25-26 in. stripers at the Balt. Channel buoy 38 and larger fish just north of the Cement ships to 43 in. Have fun guys! They are there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts