Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
426 Posts
I'm going to head south on the river and see if you're right, fish the deeper holes.
Be safe out there. Seems like every time I plan to go out something give me a reason not to go. 3 weeks ago wind, last week Thanksgiving cut my finger and needed stitches and just got them taking out yesterday. I could have gone out to fish but it would have been a challenge getting the boat back onto the trailer. I suppose this is one of the downsides fishing alone! This weekend rain (I dont mind going out in the rain) and again wind to day gusting to 30. Tomorrow same thing more wind. I took off this pass Monday and Tuesday to fish but my finger was not ready. No point in taking off during the week in the winter like I do in the summer since there is not boats out on the water.

· Registered
6,760 Posts
12/3/22 Got this report from a friend on the other fishing forum.-------------

John Pearce
Saying tide was low is an understatement. Bad day for us there, tons of shad

Andrew Schoener
Author

John Pearce I don't even fish when the tide is that low. Time for the bluecat fishermen to snag some mud shad.
Tell John I said Hello. We used to Fish together alot years ago. I know He had a Knee/ Leg operation years ago and seemed to disappear.Mike

· Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Be safe out there. Seems like every time I plan to go out something give me a reason not to go. 3 weeks ago wind, last week Thanksgiving cut my finger and needed stitches and just got them taking out yesterday. I could have gone out to fish but it would have been a challenge getting the boat back onto the trailer. I suppose this is one of the downsides fishing alone! This weekend rain (I dont mind going out in the rain) and again wind to day gusting to 30. Tomorrow same thing more wind. I took off this pass Monday and Tuesday to fish but my finger was not ready. No point in taking off during the week in the winter like I do in the summer since there is not boats out on the water.
The weather looks good for tomorrow/Sunday. No rain and not much wind. If we can believe the weather report.

· Registered
1,389 Posts
We'll get together this summer bro. It got hectic at the end of the season and I was either working or fishing. I'll finish the job I'm working on next week and I'm not going to take on any new jobs until November of next year, all of the companies I deal with have been warned. We found another place on The Eastern shore so I'm hoping we'll have a place around the first of the year.

· Registered
426 Posts
The weather looks good for tomorrow/Sunday. No rain and not much wind. If we can believe the weather report.
Can not go today. I have a contractor coming out tomorrow to install new HVAC unit and I need to move some old retaining blocks from the backyard where the new outside unit is going.

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Yeah, It was a bust today. I think the next trip down we're going to go the other way and fish the down trees past the bend in the creek. According to the sonar, it was a desert out there today with only 1 perch hooked, but not landed. Oh well.

· Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No problem, Andy even if I come up empty fishing its better than setting in the house. I would prefer just to run my outboard at times.
I hear you on better then sitting home. I'm not catching many yellow perch but I am going to give another try right now. Better then sitting home. Suns out, no wind leaving now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts