Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the boat down and put it in the York River to head over towards Cape Charles. Got a little worried when a guy bringing his walk around out of the water said it was to rough for him at the mouth of the river so he came back. Said oh well and tried it. Got a very late start and didn't get to the ramp till around 2:30. Got out of the river and the bay was nice and calm. Went to 36 and dropped lines in about 50 feet of water. Water temp was 43.7. Trolled north to around 38 and decided to head back south. Hooked up just north of 36. All I can say is damn the slot! Very nice 32 incher that was good and chubby. To bad our scaleis a little unreliable so we didnt bother trying to weight it. Nice fish for being my brother's first rock. Kept going south till the sunlight was getting a little low. Didnt mark very many fish today but when they did show up on the finder they were schooled up tight. Maybe should have gone a little farther south but we got one fish in the boat (then back out of it [sad] ) At least it was a nice evening when it comes to the weather. Looking foward to when we can go after the rocks again.[grin]
Forgot to mention that we caught the fish in 53 feet of water on a red and white stretch 25.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice fish and a beautiful day on the bay!! Now wee have to brave the offshore waters. Thanks to everyone here for the posts this year and to my boys for fishing with me!
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts