Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I generally don't fish weekends but thought it would be good to let people here know
Rock are moving down bay on both sides. Talked to a couple guys at the docks yesterday one fished below Wolftrap to York spit area the other trolled Cape Charles area-- Both boats caught Plenty of throw backs and caught limits . A few big girls were caught in the mix. Morning bite has been best, but I plan to slip out this afternoon.

Guessing next week York spit area should be cooking (with gas) Hopefully, soon I will be going from 5-6" baits to 10-12's!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Buddies are given me- "Very slow fishing"- reports this morning..
I wonder if boat traffic has them upset..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Buddies are given me- "Very slow fishing"- reports this morning..
I wonder if boat traffic has them upset..
Charlie, We ran out of Deltaville today and went up to the #68 area. Must have been 100+ boats up there but we managed a 3 person limit up to 28" with a lot of shorts but we were back on the trailer by 1pm.

MG

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MG, I was somewhat shocked to hear many of the guys I fished around inside Rapp River - out on bay today..
Hear its still doing good inside the rapp..??
Thanks for report, Hope your doing well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
MG, I was somewhat shocked to hear many of the guys I fished around inside Rapp River - out on bay today..
Hear its still doing good inside the rapp..??
Thanks for report, Hope your doing well.
I haven't been fishing the river as much the last couple of years as most of my fishing buddies have wanted to go to the bay. I think the guys that have fished the river for a while and know it's spots are doing ok. We've fished the river 3 times this season and managed a limit each time so far.

The thing that I've seen this year, even with all the shorts, is that the fish up here are really healthy and fat for the most part which is a good thing.....

MG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts