Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy,

Gulp or minnows ? Those are keeper YP (y)
All on my three live minnows. The little amount of live minnows I got from ROB Were not good minnows. They all died. It was a three minnow morning. LOL! I hope the water don't get too cloudy from all this rain. I caught them out near where you were fishing.

· Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some of those minnows had some sporta infection which I think is common this time of year. We had issues with them this time last year when we brought them home to the aquarium, we lost a bunch.
Rob The no good minnows are the little ones that are different from the good minnows. They look like baby sunfish. They are too small and I have never caught a fish with one of them.

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Rob The no good minnows are the little ones that are different from the good minnows. They look like baby sunfish. They are too small and I have never caught a fish with one of them.
Those Sheephead minnows are great for WP and Rock. M got the 22" on on a big Sheephead minnow. I'll [ut them back and only keep the mummichogs.

· Registered
2,078 Posts
Andy when we catch them in a trap we throw them back they do die quick mummachuck bull minnows only this time of year I keep them in a small bucket with little ice on bottom with a peice of thin plywood cut out-to fit down mid way drill a bunch of 1/8” holes in wood lay a bunch of bull minnows on it and lay a damp rag over minnows keep them up to 2 days like that

· Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andy when we catch them in a trap we throw them back they do die quick mummachuck bull minnows only this time of year I keep them in a small bucket with little ice on bottom with a peice of thin plywood cut out-to fit down mid way drill a bunch of 1/8” holes in wood lay a bunch of bull minnows on it and lay a damp rag over minnows keep them up to 2 days like that
Yes just keep them damp and cool and they live in there own slime. I use to keep my live minows in a screen box I made that fit in the cooler where the tray was. Ice in the cooler. Yep stay alive without any water. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts